Cadets 2016

Tobias

Seems like you're implying BD shouldn't be winning guard- that there is something else in play? Yep they know how to write to the sheets and that's why they win. I would love Crown to win guard (they are definitely a guard persons guard) and their technique is flawless (they should be, they pick the creme of the crop) but sadly I doubt it will happen this year.

BD should not have won guard last year. That was all pretty much one judge's doing. Edited by auldschool
  • Like 2

BD should not have won guard last year. That was all pretty much one judge's doing.

I love DCP conspiracies. And we wonder why staff and members are encouraged to not visit this site

• Like 1

Posted by Hop today:

What's next for the Cadets ??
> New orchestration for the end of the show to go in on the 5th or the 8th
> New Staging of TURNING on the 7th for presentation on the 8th
> Creation of a few arrivals during WINE DARK SEA. More work on the grid ... for the 7th and presentation on the 8th
> New Flags on the way .....
Our schedule
July 3 -- Lynn, MA
July 4 -- Parades
July 5 -- Cranston, RI
July 6 -- Tanglewood ( guard rehearsal)
July 7 -- Rehearsal at Urbana HS ... Maryland
Happy 4th all ...

So while waiting for the rain to stop in Cranston,

GH told the MMs at Lynn that Marc Sylvester is returning as of 7/8 to augment Darryl, to enhance the story line, and to "develop" the show. [i fear..] Hop talk was public in the public lot, not from my sponsorees.

Black unis are being ditched with a replacement, more stone-like apparrel very soon. Was originally proposed by viz staff to GH in March, but GH insisted on the black. Now considered too dark for a dark show.

"Exorcism' now done on mellophone line where it is the vets who have been downed by injuries, interuptions of life, and revolving door; poor MT the section tech is already passionate, energetic, and forthright even w/o the hassles.

kUDOS to the low brass who saved a tragedy when the wedding cake began dismantling at Lynn; MMs fixed the problem mid-show and never missed a beat.

Weather for the NE mini-tour has been great save for the rain at Clifton and here last night. Many, many alums and their families at Bristol and Norwood. Many, many opinions as well.

Edited by xandandl

Black unis are being ditched with a replacement, more stone-like apparrel very soon. Was originally proposed by viz staff to GH in March, but GH insisted on the black.

Good...I said that I wish they had gone the stone-looking costume route in an earlier post, sometime last week, actually.

GH told the MMs at Lynn that Marc Sylvester is returning as of 7/8 to augment Darryl, to enhance the story line, and to "develop" the show. [i fear..] Hop talk was public in the public lot, not from my sponsorees.

Black unis are being ditched with a replacement, more stone-like apparrel very soon. Was originally proposed by viz staff to GH in March, but GH insisted on the black. Now considered too dark for a dark show.

"Exorcism' now done on mellophone line where it is the vets who have been downed by injuries, interuptions of life, and revolving door; poor MT the section tech is already passionate, energetic, and forthright even w/o the hassles.

kUDOS to the low brass who saved a tragedy when the wedding cake began dismantling at Lynn; MMs fixed the problem mid-show and never missed a beat.

Weather for the NE mini-tour has been great save for the rain at Clifton and here last night. Many, many alums and their families at Bristol and Norwood. Many, many opinions as well.

Well Cadets are keeping it interesting this season. I think this time last year they already peaked.. JK.
  • Like 1

I think the last Mello replacement is learning show now?... This corps has lost so many to injuries and other issues. Luckily they get solid replacements fast but need to re evaluate their winter program, PT etc. Edited by Tobias

Well Cadets are keeping it interesting this season. I think this time last year they already peaked.. JK.

Re: Bristol

Nice photo shot of last year's snare line (in maroon unis) on front page of July Fourth issue of the Providence Journal who cite the drummers as members of Most Holy Name Cadets of Garfield, N.J.

Today there is an inside of the paper shot of the low brass line (black unis appear to be grey) and cited as Most Holy Name Cadets of Garfield, Michigan. So much for Allentown.

Edited by xandandl

I think the last Mello replacement is learning show now?... This corps has lost so many to injuries and other issues. Luckily they get solid replacements fast but need to re evaluate their winter program, PT etc.

Mello squad leader removes his temporary cast for the actual field show and replaces it immediately after out of public view. He is a typical Cadet par excellant.

Vet mello member from last several seasons is filling the other hole. Good add in so many ways.

Several other vet mellos are struggling with splints, ongoing medical issues, and doctors mandating bedrest and taking it easy (very hard advice for age-outs to hear.)

Their feature last season was my favorite. This year's happens too quickly for me to savor.