Cadets 2016

Tobias

'nuff said; draw your own conclusions.

Those who are exceptionally generous during our Beat the Heat Campaign will also receive very special, exclusive buckles, shakos and uniforms worn on Finals night by The 2016 Cadets. Supporters who give $200 will receive a buckle engraved with the name of the Cadet who wore it, while color guard fans will receive an actual flag from the performance. Those who would like something more substantial from the 2016 season will receive a shako and plume as a gift for their donation of $300, complete with an engraved plaque affixed to the shako.

With a $400 donation, color guard fans will receive a costume and flag from the 2016 Awakening production, while the gift for a $500 donation is a complete 2016 Cadets uniform with engraved buckle. And finally, for a gift of $750, supporters will receive the complete package of engraved buckle, shako with plume and plaque, and a complete uniform worn during the 2016 DCI World Championships."

wish I hadn't just donated a week ago ... :(

Just found a video from their run at Broken Arrow. Really, really great changes all across the board. While PoR & both Mackey pieces have had me solidly in The Cadets' camp all year, the show design started the season as a twisted mess of tradition and contemporary, with neither coming out as clear. It makes a LOT more sense now, and not necessarily the "story"...I don't think there's supposed to be a clear story arc to follow, which is fine...but the staging, the pacing, the return of the opening theme to Wine Dark Sea in the last few moments of their closer, the rehashing of the stationary block in the closer with brass players rotating around various guard members, the unison flag work at the end of the opener, and the redesign of Turning. It all is much, MUCH clearer. Still a few awkward transitions to figure out (not in between large segments as a whole, but smaller spots). I still don't know if anyone in the current top 3 is vulnerable enough to allow Cadets in by Finals, but I absolutely no longer think Cadets are so vulnerable to Cavies, Phantom, or BK. We all know they can clean like no one else, and these changes, to me, solidify them in their usual (as of late) 3rd to 5th place range, nothing lower. This will be quite an entertaining Cadets show when mid-August rolls around!

• Like 2

I like this! I think it could be modernized further with more of a Crown style jacket.

• Like 1

quick rundown on recent changes

1. lots of staging and dynamic changes in the opener

2. restaging of the closing third of drill - similar to before but reads much better

3. ballad is restaged with drill - almost entirely different with guard work on "panels" eliminated and drill for the corps proper. "story" is taking place between statue/human

4. closer is 60-80% new drill and music - some more changes coming - as others mention, Wine Dark Sea is now woven back to the opener with new orchestration. All new closing drill from the grid portion on. More work to do here

• Like 3

quick rundown on recent changes

1. lots of staging and dynamic changes in the opener

2. restaging of the closing third of drill - similar to before but reads much better

3. ballad is restaged with drill - almost entirely different with guard work on "panels" eliminated and drill for the corps proper. "story" is taking place between statue/human

4. closer is 60-80% new drill and music - some more changes coming - as others mention, Wine Dark Sea is now woven back to the opener with new orchestration. All new closing drill from the grid portion on. More work to do here

Thanks!

Thanks!

Enjoy it. Next week it's all getting changed back to original. Jk...😌

If in 2017 they do not return to the West Point classic uniform that highlighted their excellence from 1939 when it was adopted to the tinkerings of the 21st century, Oregon Crusaders have shown us that the "modernizations" can all be produced in a photo-shopping way even on the pajama materials that the Bluecoats use. Possibilities for the costume-de-coup are infinite.

Thus tubas can parachute from helicopters, snares can be featured while lifted from drones, and the pit can even stay grounded and still be great musicians.

And the manufacturers and dress designers add to their investment portfolios. Is it all necessary for the World's already most expensive drum corps???

Edited by xandandl