Cadets 2016

Tobias

I was there. The music was pretty good. Visually, it was a mess by cadets standards. A trumpet player right in front fell during wine dark sea. The guard is making improvements but there was some wind last night and they weren't clean either. It just didn't even feel like a cadets show.

From Hop FB Page - they have several rehearsal days coming up!

Hello All,

Slight change in housing this weekend.

This will allow us to sit still Sat/Sun/Mon without moving.

We will now being staying at JUDSON MIDDLE SCHOOL

Judson Middle School
9695 Schaefer Rd, Converse, TX 78109

On Saturday - we will utilize the Alamo Stadium for rehearsal during the day; it will be split (leaving color guard at Judson during the day and then moving them to the stadium for ensemble)

Alamo Stadium
110 Tuleta Dr, San Antonio, TX 78212

Sunday - the morning block will be at Judson Middle School - and we then can leave directly for the river walk and laundry versus moving out.

Monday will be a full rehearsal day at Judson Middle School and utilizing the main stadium at the High school for rehearsal as well.

Tuesday we will return to Brenham Middle School for rehearsal, same as today.

Brenham Middle School
1600 S Blue Bell Rd, Brenham, TX 77833

Wednesday will be a stay at University of Southern MIssissippi - show site - no dorms, just a day stay with the drive from the night before and leaving that night. Drivers will have dorms.

University of Southern Mississippi
118 College Dr, Hattiesburg, MS 39406

Thursday we will rehearse split - again - between the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and Red Bank High School (colorguard at the high school)

UT Chattanooga
615 McCallie Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37403

Red Bank High School
640 Morrison Springs Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37415

Friday

We will depart first thing Friday morning from Red Bank and head to the Show Site in Nashville to rehearse until the show.

Hope this helps plan a little ahead

I was there. The music was pretty good. Visually, it was a mess by cadets standards. A trumpet player right in front fell during wine dark sea. The guard is making improvements but there was some wind last night and they weren't clean either. It just didn't even feel like a cadets show.

And I felt bad for that marcher. But that person had a nice recovery getting back into the formation.

• Like 1

Hopefully the Cadets show up tonight. They're better than last night. Musically they can CONTEND and the other captions they got slammered. Hoping for a strong run tonightX

So Cadets are slotted out of the running for gold, probably out of medal contention, and possibly into 5th place yet again because of a half-baked show design that had to be significantly changed during the season. I think we would all like to see a decent show design from the start, and the design team has just not delivered. This is the 6th season in the last 11 that the design has not lived up to the quality of the performers. In 2006 (a year that still existed despite many denials here) Sully breaking down and telling us that we were better than the show and we deserved better.

I, like many others, hope that they can continue to clean and add and make a good run in the last 3 weeks. Contrary to popular opinions I like the corps and hope they always do well. I am glad they seem to be making progress, though they remain in a dogfight for 4th. I just hope the excessive cheese and poor additions that have characterized the late-season additions in the last few years don't continue.

TL;DR: To quote Kanye, "Don't act like I never told ya."

• Like 1

How did the Cadets new colors main uniform look ? I think we've been told the dark colors will fit this year's much darker theme a lot better.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

So Cadets are slotted out of the running for gold, probably out of medal contention, and possibly into 5th place yet again because of a half-baked show design that had to be significantly changed during the season. I think we would all like to see a decent show design from the start, and the design team has just not delivered. This is the 6th season in the last 11 that the design has not lived up to the quality of the performers. In 2006 (a year that still existed despite many denials here) Sully breaking down and telling us that we were better than the show and we deserved better.

I, like many others, hope that they can continue to clean and add and make a good run in the last 3 weeks. Contrary to popular opinions I like the corps and hope they always do well. I am glad they seem to be making progress, though they remain in a dogfight for 4th. I just hope the excessive cheese and poor additions that have characterized the late-season additions in the last few years don't continue.

TL;DR: To quote Kanye, "Don't act like I never told ya."

Very well said. And anyone who quotes Kanye is cool with me. That dude is always right.

I'll make 2 comments about scoring - well, maybe it is 3

1. 2 of the judges on the panel last night I do NOT trust (as judges) - and the captions they judged in were heavily scewed (and no, I'm not going to get into specifics)...

It's spelled ...skewed.

(Sorry, I tried to resist pointing it out but the pull was just too strong.)