Tobias

Here ya go

Bluecoats- 17.575

SCV- 17.45

Cadets- 17.425

Crown- 17.375

BD- 17.1

After this I believe the order is Cavies, Blue Stars, Blue Knights, Phantom

Cadets will be in a strong position as they start cleaning feet and the Bass 3 is fully reacclimated back into the corps - SAT was only his 2nd show back

:)

This "they have more room to grow" and "they can clean" that I'm reading over and over, isn't changing anything. So I'm not buying into it. All the other corps have room to grow and room to clean. So everyone is growing and cleaning. Bluecoats, who were going to "peak early" according to poster after poster, seem to be breaking into the lead instead. So I'm going to take the contrarian view. I think it's a very real possibility Cavies will pass Cadets.

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 5

This "they have more room to grow" and "they can clean" that I'm reading over and over, isn't changing anything. So I'm not buying into it. All the other corps have room to grow and room to clean. So everyone is growing and cleaning. Bluecoats, who were going to "peak early" according to poster after poster, seem to be breaking into the lead instead. So I'm going to take the contrarian view. I think it's a very real possibility Cavies will pass Cadets.

If the judges want to put Cavaliers ahead of Cadets they will

But it is certainly also true Cadets are quite dirty for this time of year - and with more changes put in today and tomorrow, hopefully major changes will be complete and they can begin cleaning

• Like 1

from hop FB

Cadets Day -- SUNDAY

We are at rehearsal today. We had planned to get some changes in place but we have to wait a day to be sure all is aligned and prepared.

So ... each section had some things to "pick off" and we are putting in a few hours. Thanks to the corps and the team for embracing the opportunity. We are missing a DCI meeting, and a few other social events ... but ... heck ... we have a few things to get handled!!!!

AND THEN ...

Riverwalk ...
and laundry this evening !!!!!

All of this makes it a fun, "cleaning" day for members and teaches alike !!!!.

As for last night ...
good job to the corps. Very, Very good. And yes the wireless mic thing is annoying. We are handling. We have a plan.

And Moving forward,

We have work to do ... no doubt
Ending coming. Some transitions cleaned.
And we need to be cleaner !!!!
Cleaner!
and cleaner !!!

and we must always remember .....
adjudication is really just the process of assigning numbers to folks judgments. It's not a science ... and it's not true. It's people doing their very best to rank and rate diverse performances based on their own knowledge, background and insight.

It is simply an evaluation of a non scientific experience processed through the heart and intellect of an individual.

The numbers should change friends.

No one likes the same movies ...
the same music ...
the same food ...
or the same people ...

.Why the hell should they like the same drum corps?

.And yes .. it's lovely when they like you better than that "ugly" guy in the corner :-)
but geez , it does sting a little bit when they pick that very same guy the next day to be their date.

.Indeed we are trained to think that there is a system that maintains the value of each effort. But as one who judges and is judged, there is much less that is fact and much more that is opinion.

.Perhaps, in the middle of a rules congress with DCI when I was screaming about some new rule interpretation i was after, Dr, Bernard Baggs, a great mentor to many of us, pulled me aside and said "George, it's never going to be right. We are trying to judge something that was never meant to be judged"

.He was and is right huh :-)

.But in an odd way, that is what makes this so interesting.
And that is why the journey really is there the experience lies
and that is why you keep on working and working and working.

.You realize ... that inside the judgement is the possibility of success.
You realize that LIFE had many many times when opinion is what delivers some of the great moments in your life.

.Like this .....

You go to interview after interview.
You learn.
You grow.
You do more and learn more.
You wear your best suit.
You take lessons on how to better interview.
You read up on the company

And you go to interview after interview
Nothing happens.
You want to give up.
Was college worth it?
you feel like a failure.
But you know you are of value.

And one day ...
the phone rings.

You smile.

You were chosen.

Happy Sunday ....
( I cannot wait to be chilly again)

• Like 4

Well HockeyDad Cadets just finished rewriting half the show so they are behind everyone else. So that's the reason for the hope that cleaning will help which is has just in 7 days.

I love the Hop stream of consciousness. I picture Stuart Smalley. As I read this I kept thinking....yes, he's right. FCO! The end crowns the work! Also, he's right that in life, much of where you end up is based on being in the right place at the right time.

• Like 1

Well HockeyDad Cadets just finished rewriting half the show so they are behind everyone else. So that's the reason for the hope that cleaning will help which is has just in 7 days.[/quote

And no other corps just rewrote big portions of their show? Only Cadets did? Hey, don't stop believing. I was so in the tank for them last year I must have my defenses up this year. I don't want to be crushed again.

Edited by HockeyDad

So is the Cadets even year curse true?

• Like 2

George Hopkins is pretty cool! I love his passion and love for his drum corps. I admire people, like George, who have the courage to speak their mind and be willing to put themselves out there. I get the sense that the members of the Cadets learn as much about life as they do about drum corps.

• Like 3