Cadets 2016

Tobias

Come on now....are some of you REALLY reaching the point of blaming some technical glitches on DCI Live as proof of a conspiracy against the Cadets? Wow.

Agree. When you have 10 World Championships, numerous 2nd and 3rd place finishes, and in the last 34 years your lowest placement is 6th (only one time I might add, 1991), I don't think you can play the "whoa me" card or the "DCI hates us" card. More to the point, DCI is doing quite well right now with many of the things George Hopkins proposed and wanted for the activity going as far back as the early 90s. What rationale would DCI have for hating on the Cadets, a long-time valued member, and an original member corps?

Also, I enjoyed the changes to the program. They performed well last night. Crowd was weird and it was tough to get a read on the crowd the whole night, but that's also from a DCI Live view. That said, I enjoy the show now. Much better musically, visually, and thematically. The theme and its delivery is still not perfect and will always be the sore point for this show. Not much they can do with that. Unless they were to change show themes and get rid of props and rename the show they are kind of stuck with what they have. For a corps that has literally changed 60% or more of their visual show and a lot of music I am impressed. They will be a fun watch for anyone I would think, but the GE will suffer due to the theme and perhaps even due to so many changes that alter the flow, even if they do improve on what was there in June.

• Like 3

Someone posted during the last DCI Live that the people at DCI office hate the Cadets. Tonight on DCI Live, instead of showing the Cadets program, they redisplayed Crown's program. At the Live event last week, they had no composer listed for the 2nd part of Pines of Rome and it had some long gibberish that someone typed in on purpose and included BYYYYLIIIIIIIIIINNNNEEEEEE. They do this at every single Live event. Opening night in the theater also included a 'mistake', listing last year's program. That's disappointing that the staff at DCI can be that petty that they have to consistently mess up only on the Cadets at every single broadcast and that no one in management is doing anything about it. (It happened last year in the theater events too.) It is a pattern and with only one corps. Really ridiculous. Let's see what they choose to mess up on tomorrow night.

aliens

they're behind pretty much everything if you really think about it

• Like 1

Aaaaaaaand.... we're back to being 4-pointed.

2 points out from GE.

Just about 1.5 points out from Visual.

Almost a full point out from Music.

• Like 1

2 points out from GE.

Another way to say this:

1.8 out of FIRST in GE.

1.55 out of FIRST in Visual.

0.9 out of FIRST in Music.

Even if you are completely reliant on scores to determine success or failure (I'm not, and not suggesting you are), this is not the end of the world.

I'm still choosing to take a positive outlook on this year. And I still think Cadets have massive potential to improve their competitive position.

Edited by Tommeee
  • Like 1

Another way to say this:

1.8 out of FIRST in GE.

1.55 out of FIRST in Visual.

0.9 out of FIRST in Music.

Even if you are completely reliant on scores to determine success or failure (I'm not, and not suggesting you are), this is not the end of the world.

I'm still choosing to take a positive outlook on this year. And I still think Cadets have massive potential to improve their competitive position.

It's more just frustration, I guess. One show they'll have closed the gap, the next it opens way back up again. I know, I know - can't compare different show outcomes with different judges and different lineups.

Just a roller coaster this year with them from a competitive standpoint.

There are 30 corps that would not mind whining about being 5th.

• Like 7

2 points out from GE.

Won't comment on GE, Viz but Cadets should be contending for music caption. Sorry. They were 0.15 behind BD two days ago. Maybe a rough run but if nothing else, they can still play drums and horns.
  • Like 2

Not sure why people are complaining. Most of you wanted a change in staff last year. Here's what a change in staff gets you. Accept it and enjoy it.

Go Cadets!

• Like 5

Come on now....are some of you REALLY reaching the point of blaming some technical glitches on DCI Live as proof of a conspiracy against the Cadets? Wow.

I think "conspiracy" is way too strong of a word. The "glitches" are more reflective of a lack of care and consideration or respect.

Agree. When you have 10 World Championships, numerous 2nd and 3rd place finishes, and in the last 34 years your lowest placement is 6th (only one time I might add, 1991), I don't think you can play the "whoa me" card or the "DCI hates us" card. More to the point, DCI is doing quite well right now with many of the things George Hopkins proposed and wanted for the activity going as far back as the early 90s. What rationale would DCI have for hating on the Cadets, a long-time valued member, and an original member corps?

Also, I enjoyed the changes to the program. They performed well last night. Crowd was weird and it was tough to get a read on the crowd the whole night, but that's also from a DCI Live view. That said, I enjoy the show now. Much better musically, visually, and thematically. The theme and its delivery is still not perfect and will always be the sore point for this show. Not much they can do with that. Unless they were to change show themes and get rid of props and rename the show they are kind of stuck with what they have. For a corps that has literally changed 60% or more of their visual show and a lot of music I am impressed. They will be a fun watch for anyone I would think, but the GE will suffer due to the theme and perhaps even due to so many changes that alter the flow, even if they do improve on what was there in June.

where are the Cadets playing the "whoa is me" or "DCI hates us" card? It's someone on a discussion forum just frustrated with the pattern. This is some on a discussion forum (rightfully) noticing a pattern of "glitches" - and your wording suggest the Cadets are