Cadets 2016

Tobias

photo about Even year curse...

But Capp, wasn't 1934 an even year? That was no curse, nor was 1984 which said Cadets were not a fluke.

I still think it's the Curse of the Black Jackets (called by some the Curse of John Baumfalk.)

Edited by xandandl

It's more just frustration, I guess. One show they'll have closed the gap, the next it opens way back up again. I know, I know - can't compare different show outcomes with different judges and different lineups.

Just a roller coaster this year with them from a competitive standpoint.

Nah. The judges have spoken. They seemingly hate the program and tonight they'll magically be behind the Cavaliers also. If this keeps up BK will be ahead of them in Indy lol. To reverse this trend the corps would have to make it OBVIOUS to the judges they must be moved up. Literally beat them over the head with "with are SO MUCH better" at this stage

• Like 1

Not sure why people are complaining. Most of you wanted a change in staff last year. Here's what a change in staff gets you. Accept it and enjoy it.

Go Cadets!

The change in staff I wanted hasn't happened yet, but my frustration in this instance isn't with the staff or show per se... More of a combination of lack of recap access and wild swings in caption gaps.

One show, it looks like they could challenge for 4th, the next they appear to be fighting to stay in the top 5. I understand the changes and challenges they face this year, but I still want to see them do better competitively if for no other reason than they're my corps.

They certainly have the talent to challenge for a music caption, so I'm still hoping for that. Keep pushing Cadets!

• Like 1

I am sure that if this staff is still together for 2017, they will put to use what they learned this year. Hope they remember the mistakes and are able to move forward for 2017 which I think they will. Love the changes and hope they can clean as much as possible to be in fourth for finals. Would be a great feat considering what has transpired this season. Here's hoping for no cheese for finals . :grouphug:

• Like 1

Won't comment on GE, Viz but Cadets should be contending for music caption. Sorry. They were 0.15 behind BD two days ago. Maybe a rough run but if nothing else, they can still play drums and horns.

they sounded GREAT last night. But I digress ;-)

The change in staff I wanted hasn't happened yet, but my frustration in this instance isn't with the staff or show per se... More of a combination of lack of recap access and wild swings in caption gaps.

One show, it looks like they could challenge for 4th, the next they appear to be fighting to stay in the top 5. I understand the changes and challenges they face this year, but I still want to see them do better competitively if for no other reason than they're my corps.

They certainly have the talent to challenge for a music caption, so I'm still hoping for that. Keep pushing Cadets!

Agreed!

I am sure that if this staff is still together for 2017, they will put to use what they learned this year. Hope they remember the mistakes and are able to move forward for 2017 which I think they will. Love the changes and hope they can clean as much as possible to be in fourth for finals. Would be a great feat considering what has transpired this season. Here's hoping for no cheese for finals . :grouphug:

*As long as Hop isn't designing anything

• Like 3

Nah. The judges have spoken. They seemingly hate the program and tonight they'll magically be behind the Cavaliers also. If this keeps up BK will be ahead of them in Indy lol. To reverse this trend the corps would have to make it OBVIOUS to the judges they must be moved up. Literally beat them over the head with "with are SO MUCH better" at this stage

I'd argue that the problem with the show is that it already spends too much time beating people over the head. Statues come to life - as long as "coming to life" means standing up, playing a violin, or acting like the monster in a B horror flick. Not a lot of depth to that particular idea, imho.

But I'd agree there's a good chance Cavaliers pass them tonight. Just on visual alone the two corps are in different ballparks in terms of effectiveness and readability.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1

But if the judges really do hate the show and not judging based on that days performance wouldn't that be slotting and be what so many complain about ? So why did they bother to keep recaps private if they are going to play this game anyway?? I know that this type of stuff has gone on in drum corps for decades but I thought we would have moved on from this bs by now. Thought we were beyond playing favorites.