Cadets 2016

Tobias

GH needs to stop designing shows. They need to trust the staff. I think guard is much better and just a victim of a poorly designed show. Even brass and percussion are being pulled down by it. Granted, cleaning and a solid performances going forward could help but I think the judges have pretty much spoken.

I got hammered here for posting this sentiment after the premier show. The activity passed the design team by years ago.

• Like 2

I got hammered here for posting this sentiment after the premier show. The activity passed the design team by years ago.

I stand corrected. I was wrong. My homerism apparently clouds my judgement because i still value great brass and percussion which they have but forget how little that bears on scores/placements. You were correct all along. Sorry I blasted you.
  • Like 1

I love "I told you so" posts...

The "design team' is different this year - new drill, new guard, etc.. the arranging team is the same and of course Hopkins is the same

However I don't disagree with the point that changes are needed and the current group seems unwilling or unable to adapt to the current trend. Frankly some youth would really help

• Like 1

I agree. Judges don't like the show so regardless of cleaning, they'll fall to probably 6th. Lessons learned. GH needs to stop designing shows. They need to trust the staff. I think guard is much better and just a victim of a poorly designed show. Even brass and percussion are being pulled down by it. Granted, cleaning and a solid performances going forward could help but I think the judges have pretty much spoken.

YUP. They hate it. The Borg has spoken lol

• Like 2

I do think the guard is much improved this year. I really like some of the choreography.

I stand corrected. I was wrong. My homerism apparently clouds my judgement because i still value great brass and percussion which they have but forget how little that bears on scores/placements. You were correct all along. Sorry I blasted you.

No need to apologize. Opinions differ. We (Cadets fans) all want the same thing, I think, and it starts at the top.

• Like 1

I love "I told you so" posts...

Not my intent at all. Just trying to build consensus. I know for a fact that the powers that be read this forum.

The "design team' is different this year - new drill, new guard, etc.. the arranging team is the same and of course Hopkins is the same

The "design team" is George Hopkins. Don't kid yourself.

• Like 3

Not my intent at all. Just trying to build consensus. I know for a fact that the powers that be read this forum.

The "design team" is George Hopkins. Don't kid yourself.

I keep saying this but this corps could be special every year if George Hopkins let go of the reins of show design. He's simply not the best designer and seems to have issues exhibiting an idea in painfully blunt ways.

I'm still optimistic that this show can shine in Indy, but let's not kid ourselves, the damage for this season has been done. And I really hope Hop can finally come to the self-realization that show designing isn't really his thing. He's an amazing corps director, I've expressed my increasing appreciation of him in terms of how much he cares for the corps and the kids, but program director too? No.

• Like 3

I got hammered after the tour premier, too! But I don't think in the same sense of the word. Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

I loved last year's show. I love the first half of this year's show. I like the last half of this year's show. Ear candy for years to come. And NO NARRATION in either show. So, what is it we're complaining about ?

• Like 3