Cadets 2016

Tobias

The real issue is that if the corps' ultimate placement at Indy doesn't maximise the talent of such a phenomenal hornline (defending Ott winner) and percussion section (almost a Sanford winner last season) who will be fired at the season's end,

the design team, the visual team, or...the director who likes to play designer?

In his own words on his FB post quoted about the stove fire in his vehicle and reposted a few pages back in this thread, he notes that this has been his toughest summer tour ever. There comes a time when it is best to let go.

• Like 4

where are the Cadets playing the "whoa is me" or "DCI hates us" card? It's someone on a discussion forum just frustrated with the pattern. This is some on a discussion forum (rightfully) noticing a pattern of "glitches" - and your wording suggest the Cadets are

He did more than notice glitches.

He openly accusd DCI staff of being petty and suggested that the DCI office hates the Cadets, without providing any evidence if their state of mind.

He also said it only happens to one corps, while providing no evidence he is sufficiently familiar with the details of other corps shows to be as likely to notice. I know for a fact there have been glitches with other corps.

However, he speaks only for himself. It is not fair to accuse Cadets fans in general because of the ridiculous accusations of one person. It in no way implicates anyone else...

...until someone else agrees with it.

He did more than notice glitches.

He openly accusd DCI staff of being petty and suggested that the DCI office hates the Cadets, without providing any evidence if their state of mind.

He also said it only happens to one corps, while providing no evidence he is sufficiently familiar with the details of other corps shows to be as likely to notice. I know for a fact there have been glitches with other corps.

However, he speaks only for himself. It is not fair to accuse Cadets fans in general because of the ridiculous accusations of one person. It in no way implicates anyone else...

...until someone else agrees with it.

Yes. But I was responding to a post that was saying "Cadets" shouldn't think that... "Cadets" never said that, which I guess we are in agreement

However - it is a bit ridiculous that DCI can't get basics correct. 2/3 through a season and the "header" graphic for one of their top corps is STILL incorrect?

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

The real issue is that if the corps' ultimate placement at Indy doesn't maximise the talent of such a phenomenal hornline (defending Ott winner) and percussion section (almost a Sanford winner last season) who will be fired at the season's end,

In his own words on his FB post quoted about the stove fire in his vehicle and reposted a few pages back in this thread, he notes that this has been his toughest summer tour ever. There comes a time when it is best to let go.

The Hop comment that this has been possibly "his toughest summer tour" ever is interesting because it follows one a couple weeks back saying this might be his favorite...

I would love to see him hire a program coordinator from a top organization (indoor or outdoor) and stay out of the way. I'd also like Hillary to be honest, Trump to be humble, and world peace. So there's that...

• Like 5

I don't want him to leg go entirely though. His work ethic and the lessons he instills in these kids are really the crux of what being a Cadet is all about, IMO. But I think to remain competitive and maybe push a new envelope or two, he needs to relinquish (or at the very least take a back seat to) his influence in show design.

Not hating on the man. Just giving my opinion.

• Like 2

I'd also like Hillary to be honest, Trump to be humble, and world peace. So there's that...

Is this what the Blue Knights are suggesting will happen next Thursday?

• Like 1

Yes. But I was responding to a post that was saying "Cadets" shouldn't think that... "Cadets" never said that, which I guess we are in agreement

However - it is a bit ridiculous that DCI can't get basics correct. 2/3 through a season and the "header" graphic for one of their top corps is STILL incorrect?

I agree, but if something has to suffer due to limited resources I would rather it be that than some other things.

When I am on an airplane and the luggage compartments rattle and squeak, it gives me some peace of mind to think they spent their money on more important things and hopefully, as a result, the plane is less likely to stop working and plummet to the ground.

So when I see little screwups like that, it gives me some comfort to think DCI is less likely to plummet to the ground.

One would be naive to believe that corps directors, program directors, and Board of directors are not already nominating changes for next season before any season ends for 99.9 % of corps.

This is even more true in the modern age as so many competent faculty and designers glide immediately into marching band season and winter planning contracts.

Only ostriches think the world will all be fine when they pull their heads out of the sand. And yes, I guess some like to think the world is their goldfish bowl.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Which is a concern. How many current members return, and how deep will the talent level be next season? Not sure there was allot of fun to be had by most staff and members to date.

• Like 1