Cadets 2016

Tobias

Hey mods, could you do us a favor and move my above post to the Nashville show thread? Sorry!

Mike - great write up. I'd like to add I agree with your take on Cadets 100%. Since we are in the Cadets thread :)

The show has some many highs and lows it's like a roller coaster right now. Hopefully 2 weeks of rehearsals can bring the lows much higher and they can stay in 5th or challenge for 4th

I agree the mannequins are useless, the front stage needs to go and the story is unnecessary and ineffective

• Like 2

Maybe the season could at least finish before the career path suggestions begin? So the judges aren't putting the show at the top, it's still a GREAT show!

lol - fair enough!

I'm sorry, but I just have to respond to the folks saying "HOPKINS MUST GO"...The man has 10 - TEN - X World Championships to your ZERO. I apologize if I'm making this personal, but come on man!

I appreciate every single thing George has done for drum corps. The list is amazing. DCI might not even exist today without him.

But I want to see cadets dominate this idiom and I'm sorry but the organization deserves a better design direction. Just go to one of these TOC shows, it is obvious. Heck Scouts have a better show design than Cadets. Give cadets that show and they medal every single time.

There is great wisdom in knowing what you are good at and what you need to delegate to someone else. As a creative director myself, this is a huge challenge. I need others to say, hey, this should be given to someone else more talented than you IN THAT AREA.

Great creative directors don't dig in their heels when their idea isn't working, it is brutally hard to accept your limitations, but it is imperative if you care more for your agency or organization then you do for yourself.

I look at the track record of the last ten years, and I am sorry, but the results speak for themselves. Cadets are consistently over performing poor show concepts again and again. George should accept that he has enormous talent and value to DCI and cadets and it is not in show design. He is being unfair to the kids he is leading, and eventually this will have long term negative effects on the strength of cadets, if it hasn't already.

You guys all know I love what George has meant to drum corps. I can so relate to his struggles because I am a cd by trade. But he should not be micromanaging design, and this is patently obvious at this point.

• Like 6

Hey mods, could you do us a favor and move my above post to the Nashville show thread? Sorry!

Press the edit button on your post, copy it, paste it to the Nashville show thread, and then edit out the text in your post in this thread

Mike - great write up. I'd like to add I agree with your take on Cadets 100%. Since we are in the Cadets thread :)

The show has some many highs and lows it's like a roller coaster right now. Hopefully 2 weeks of rehearsals can bring the lows much higher and they can stay in 5th or challenge for 4th

I agree the mannequins are useless, the front stage needs to go and the story is unnecessary and ineffective

Would have been a blast to watch last nights show with you, George. Maybe next year!

I will only add that the mannequins are more than useless, they are absurd. They should toss them in the dumpsters behind Vanderbilt stadium and roll to Atlanta. The fact that someone left half of them on the field after the show says it all.

• Like 1

Press the edit button on your post, copy it, paste it to the Nashville show thread, and then edit out the text in your post in this thread

Done, thanks!

• Like 1

Half the mannequins wouldn't leave because they wanted to go to the souvenir trucks.

• Like 1