Cadets 2016

Tobias

Hey. How's it going? Alright! So anyway, I was thinking, now that the slotting is firmly established and Cadets are looking at a fifth or sixth place finish, that the frustration is understandable. Until I step back and recall that Hop was the principal driver of today's adjudication system. The one that has his corps well out of contention again. Then I get mad at Hop. Not the judges. He created this monster. The first victim was Scott Stewart, a great man. Now he may end up eaten by the very beast of his creation. It's hard to feel sad. The shift to visual as the predominant factor was wrong. Full bando doesn't excite enthusiasm. Oh well.

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1

GH needs to step down. As much success as he brought in the 80s to early 2000s, he's destroying the corps. Great staff don't want to work with him, judges hate him, volunteers leave...He needs to run YEA, have the board appoint a young, energetic director and a new head design superstar and stay out of the process. Wishful thinking.

Oh, be careful what you ask for...

Look to Cavaliers if you want to know why...

• Like 1

Wow, the more I read, the more I realize that I've stepped into a pile of crap. Ignore me while I quietly step away and leave the way I came in....

• Like 4

i was in favor of adding a few classical looking statues (greek/roman) and draping, but i wasn't expecting these mannequin/statues, and certainly no quite so many.

really interested in seeing if it works.

You men like a bunch of these????

image002.jpg

I think they'd fit right in...

• Like 3

Webcast tonight is the best I've seen them. They have room to grow yet, it's just a matter of them recognizing and honing in on those areas of improvement.

Musically... wow. I'll definitely be listening to them throughout the off season.

Visually... it needs work. But it isn't beyond hope.

I'm hoping they can at least maintain 5th, if not shove SCV out of the way and grab 4th.

• Like 1

So the storyline is now that everyone becomes human and guard guy kills Adonis? That was ... unexpected.

Anyhow, I liked it better without the stage, didn't really notice the mannequins from the stream. Through the ballad, the show really works pretty well. At this point, though, I think they'd probably better do some cleaning rather than any further changes - the dirt was pretty noticeable compared to the rest of the top 6.

Only had time to watch the first minute of this show tonight, but on the high camera view the mannequins looked much better than they do in the picture above. I couldn't tell from that perspective who was a statue and who wasn't until the guard moved. Obviously, had I watched them setting up, it would be impossible to make that mistake. Do the guard who are positioned over there all start on little green squares to match those of the actual "statues"?

You men like a bunch of these????

image002.jpg

I think they'd fit right in...

Ok, that just reminded me Ulala of Space Channel 5

maxresdefault.jpg