Cadets 2016

Tobias

Webcast tonight is the best I've seen them. They have room to grow yet, it's just a matter of them recognizing and honing in on those areas of improvement.

Musically... wow. I'll definitely be listening to them throughout the off season.

Visually... it needs work. But it isn't beyond hope.

I'm hoping they can at least maintain 5th, if not shove SCV out of the way and grab 4th.

Some cleaning time. I still think musically they should be over SCV and perhaps with a pristine performance in INDY, we see enhanced GE numbers BUT 6th in GE is concerning. I always look at that caption as how judges like or dislike your show. 2 more weeks, let's see what the Cadets can do.. Edited by Tobias

I don't know if there were any mannequins in the end zone last night, but there were several in between the pit and the audience. And it wasn't a bad effect at all, actually, because they had repainted them in the rugged gray stone manner which they had repainted Adonis and the tops of Adonis' platform. I always wonder how many of the changes were planned all along, either "to be implemented at a certain time" or "to be implemented as soon as we have time to get to them", as opposed to "this ain't workin' - we better change it".

I was very pleased with the new stone look applied across the board.

I don't know if there were any mannequins in the end zone last night, but there were several in between the pit and the audience. And it wasn't a bad effect at all, actually, because they had repainted them in the rugged gray stone manner which they had repainted Adonis and the tops of Adonis' platform. I always wonder how many of the changes were planned all along, either "to be implemented at a certain time" or "to be implemented as soon as we have time to get to them", as opposed to "this ain't workin' - we better change it".

I was very pleased with the new stone look applied across the board.

Yes! The new "stone look" was much improved. At least from my DCI-Live perspective, the imagery has never been more accurate. I'll get to see Cadets live Saturday night, and looking forward to it. Also noticed, for the first time, Adonis is punched-out in the end and find's himself splayed out over the edge of the pedestal that used to support him! Given my manly jealousy, that was my favorite moment of all!

• Like 1

Cadets changes were great last night from inside the stadium. I'm a fan of the statues on side 2 end zone and the new guard work over there. The guard does a nice job of blending in over there so you really don't know which is guard and which is a statue until they finally "awaken" which was a cool effect. Guard up front that used to be on the stage "froze" in the opener as well to show as if they were resisting that change to humans. The costuming and storyline in general is finally pretty clear. It seems like this is the show they needed to start with back in June and it's a bummer that they only have 2 more weeks. I give them props for turning into a show that was much better received than the beginning of the year!

• Like 2

Cadets in the lot last night in Atlanta - battery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4dO1kaLzs4

the "shake" move at 42 seconds is cray cray

Cool video!

On another note, who the hell is the hornline in the background at that time point? That run sounded freakin awesome.

• Like 1

Cool video!

On another note, who the hell is the hornline in the background at that time point? That run sounded freakin awesome.

I think Devils sops

Anyone have access to high or multicam from last night for a quick watch by the elders? Please PM me.

not from last night - but ensemble from yesterday

this is part 3 of 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaRvyXWQHGw

For what it's worth to both Cadets players and fans:

I can honestly say that this is my favorite program of the year and I have so much respect and admiration for the corps members for being able to keep pushing through all of the competitive and design hardships and still be an amazing group. Seeing the program grow and evolve has been one of my favorite aspects of the year, and while "competitively" it may not be desirable, the performance last night really showed me that the theme and show is starting to come together. Others might look back to this year and see a failed stalling ship struggling to stay afloat, but I instead see an awesome show that kicks some serious *** that was put forth by a group of super talented and hard working individuals. Keep going and put every bit of love into the show you can, and I promise it'll give back to you!

• Like 7