Cadets 2016

Tobias

I understand the risks. Fully. The Cadets I love once sold a t-shirt that had a Hunter Thompson quote: "Faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."

We are so vanilla. We are playing catch up constantly. Something needs to happen.

I'm putting this quote in my signature. I still have that shirt.

Do you guys think that they might go for a more modern uniform next season, yet have it incorporate the Maroon, Gold, and Cream? I feel they might do that, but they also are probably going to go back to the traditional Maroon&Gold.

I do. The black uni didn't work, and if the Bluecoats win coupled with BD's and Crown's use of theatrical costume as opposed to traditional uni, I, regrettably, think the Cadets' traditional uni may be seeing its last days on the competition field.

Do you guys think that they might go for a more modern uniform next season, yet have it incorporate the Maroon, Gold, and Cream? I feel they might do that, but they also are probably going to go back to the traditional Maroon&Gold.

To be completely honest, I don't care what they do. I just want a show that makes the crowd scream like they used to.

• Like 6

Now, I do think think it's possible to have a classic uniform look that is immediately identifiable to the Cadets' tradition a la SCV 2016.

• Like 1

To be completely honest, I don't care what they do. I just want a show that makes the crowd scream like they used to.

I really enjoy this year's show (for multiple reasons) but I agree. Something that can get the crowd back on our side is needed.

run and gun doesn't win anymore. it barely makes top 4. :(

the cadets have to choose a trend (narrative like crown/bd or conceptual like bloo) and break new ground with it using the modern visual vocabulary that gets rewarded.

they've done it many times before. see 93, 05, and 11 for the most recent examples.

i'ts been 5 years since they've won, and they STILL attract the best of the best talent-wise.

personally, i think they're maybe a season or 2 away from a standard-setting show for the next decade. just a gut feeling. b

I really enjoy this year's show (for multiple reasons) but I agree. Something that can get the crowd back on our side is needed.

Exactly. And more work in the offseason to determine a concrete show idea would be best to ensure what happened this year doesn't happen again.

• Like 2