Cadets 2016

Tobias

Cadet members were reading social media tonight (not DCP) got there feelings hurt about what they read and preceded to post responses and disparage supporters of the corps.

Let's give them a break. I'm sure they are a little frustrated and disappointed and...human.

• Like 3

I just wanted to pop in and say this random thought that has nothing to do with this year's conversation: I was listening to the french horn feature of the 2015 show over and over and over and over again yesterday. I was smiling like a little kid. What a sound! Something never heard before in drum corps. That's the way to innovate! To me, trombone glissandos are cheesy, and we see several corps doing that this year - one to excess IMO. The way Cadets introduced the french horn oozed with class and excellence. I couldn't stop thinking - wow, THAT'S the way to do it.

• Like 5

My feelings would be hurt also after some of the things that have been said this season.. Some totally hurtful and hateful.

• Like 3

Let's give them a break. I'm sure they are a little frustrated and disappointed and...human.

And I've seen some older alumni savaging the corps this summer online. A lot aimed in one direction, but shrapnel hits the kids

• Like 2

So my take after watching the (const...an.......tly buf...............ferr...ing) semi-finals feed last night.

Cavies deserved to move up a spot. The Cadets cannot beat them on design but can on performance. Last night didn't feel like it was their best run, so I'm hopeful that they'll leave it on the field tonight. SCV is distancing themselves from those two, so it seems like a neck and neck race to stay in the top 5. Anyone's game there really...

But... this show has definitely improved. It's easy to sit and slag on the design team and decisions made, but there are some incredible shows ahead of them. You can't NOT bring your A Game in this activity anymore and expect to vie for a title. With the challenges and staff changes they've faced this year taken into consideration, I can't view 2016 as a disappointment.

The kids have absolutely made the best out of this show and they deserve all the credit they can get for rolling with all the right hooks and jabs that were thrown at them. Awakening will be getting some major play on the iPod this off season.

Keep nothing in the tank tonight, Cadets. Leave it all on the field.

• Like 2

Guess I'm the minority here, but I watched the broadcast last night and really liked how far this show has come. Classy, neck-breaking drill, powerful and recognizable music. It's come leaps and bounds since I saw it live in June with the scaffolding. I think the guard is performing the heck out of what they are given. Was not a huge fan of their 2014 and 2015 shows. Max it out tonight and be proud of what you leave on the field!

• Like 1

To any Cadets reading...

The fact that the Cadets... the Holy Name Cadets... are ranked 5 or 6...

Is nothing more than a testament to the leadership of the organization. To do what you do, and place where you are can mean only one thing...

Drumcorps has become extremely entertaining and highly competitive.

This is all thanks to the highly respected forerunner status of groups like the Cadets.

You are nothing less than championship contenders... don't believe me?... then watch the corps slotted ahead of you and take a count of the things that you see and hear on the field that are manifestations of historical Cadet influence.

Listen to your staff... listen to George... stop reading forums.

The forums are for wannabe fans, couch quarterbacks, and washed up has-beens like myself to keep engaged in something that we love but are disconnected from.

Never take criticism from such people as these!

Now go out and entertain like ONLY the Cadets can.

• Like 4

The uniform is not their problem. Show design is. Those Bluecoats unis are awful, but the judges like the show so it works for them.

The uniform is not their problem. Show design is. Those Bluecoats unis are awful, but the judges like the show so it works for them.

Its appealing to the judges because its the artistic design they are looking for. Yeah Traditional Drum Corps Uniforms are lost on the Summer Marching Bands.