Cadets 2016

Tobias

I'm a new fan of The Cadets and appreciate all the effort and new directions they have taken. I'll celebrate a great corps who risked trying new things and didn't stagnate by playing it safe. So chin up Cadets! Ignore the negative and enjoy doing what you love. Live today in the moment.

One wish I have for The Cadets is that they could be allowed respond during the finals score announcement rather than remaining emotionless. Everyone worked so hard and shared the ups n downs of the season. It's a moment to be shared and celebrated for ALL the corps. I know it's tradition, but traditions can be changed. The love and admiration shared between corps is real. :wub::inlove:

Hey Henry, if you're reading this, and if Cadets end up finishing 6th tonight, I'd just like to eat crow from the beginning of the season. Definitely didn't expect it to happen at all.

I'm a new fan of The Cadets and appreciate all the effort and new directions they have taken. I'll celebrate a great corps who risked trying new things and didn't stagnate by playing it safe. So chin up Cadets! Ignore the negative and enjoy doing what you love. Live today in the moment.

Hoping the Cadets have a great run tonight.

I'm not sure that the "new directions", the risky new things" were enough. I'd like to see them be bolder with the changes. There were new staff and I'm sure that was difficult. But the major problem came with the initial design with the result that they were constantly in change mode. They ended up in a good place, but it was difficult. This seemed like a "half-way there" season.

The MMs were (are) among the best in the activity and did the best they could. It had to be a difficult year for them.

• Like 1

Had the opportunity to speak with my son at some length last night before Cadets left for housing - the first time in over a month - and I just have to say that one or two of the things he said both surprised me, and also made me incredibly proud of him. I know our decision to have him march Cadets this season was the correct one.

• Like 6

To any Cadets reading...

The fact that the Cadets... the Holy Name Cadets... are ranked 5 or 6...

Is nothing more than a testament to the leadership of the organization.

I completely disagree. The fact that they are 5/6 is nothing more than a testament to THE MEMBERS, despite the failings of their design staff/director. The members should be proud of their performances and season. They are medal caliber kids, and performing every bit as good as the corps ahead of them.

• Like 1

Cadets - be proud of all your growth and improvement during the course of the season!

Leave it all on the field with a great run tonight! Have fun!

George.

• Like 1

I completely disagree. The fact that they are 5/6 is nothing more than a testament to THE MEMBERS, despite the failings of their design staff/director. The members should be proud of their performances and season. They are medal caliber kids, and performing every bit as good as the corps ahead of them.

Great post! ONE MORE DAY! This one is for the DVD!

Saw the Cadets twice in the past week (Allentown on the FN and the movie theater Thursday) and was impressed by the changes to the last portion of the show. That horn line.... wow. A classic Gino line with that big, confident sound.

I'm not a judge... God forbid. :tongue: And honestly, I have no idea what the judges are looking for anymore. (I don't mean that as snark or a putdown of the judges, or judging system... but just a fact. I have, at best, very little clue. LOL.)

But with the Cadets this weekend, perhaps it's a case of "too little, too late" in terms of the programming changes made.

Of course they are.

But you are viewing DCI as a zero sum game like football... and it isn't.

They are marching a great, championship calibre show that happens to place 5/6.

Take it easy on people... for goodness sake.

• Like 1