Troopers 2016

Photo had 15 mellos in a line on the floor. Usual DVD mello line he likes is 24 give or take what his arranger gives him. His lines with Crown, Star, and Cadets were that large,

maybe not Madison.

You generally miss the point, as you have done here. At least you're consistent. The crystal clear intent of that pic was to show how the had a huge number of mellos at camp. And it was well over 20 in a sectional picture I just re-looked at.

Photo had 15 mellos in a line on the floor. Usual DVD mello line he likes is 24 give or take what his arranger gives him. His lines with Crown, Star, and Cadets were that large,

maybe not Madison.

24? Wow that's a lot. I marched in 80 person hornlines and 16 Mellos were usually the top end. I've seen the 20 Tubas at Madison, but never thought of 24 in a section.

Edited by littlejaw

You generally miss the point, as you have done here. At least you're consistent. The crystal clear intent of that pic was to show how the had a huge number of mellos at camp. And it was well over 20 in a sectional picture I just re-looked at.

If we were looking at the same picture, I believe I counted 21. Given these old-man's eyes, however...

24 mellos? Can you name me the corps and year of any hornline that's ever had that? I feel like that number has to be impossible. Not counting last year's BK opener, what's the biggest mello line anyone has put on the field for an entire show?

• Like 1

OKAY: Just to clarify, though this has been explained previously in this thread:

1. Troop plans to march 80 horns total. At Feb camp, they had 77 under contract.

2. Mello line will be 16.

3. There were 22 Mellos at Feb camp.

3a. This does NOT mean they plan to march 22 mellos. It means they had 22 kids in camp, and a couple mello spots still open. That means there were ~8 kids at Feb camp competing for ~2 remaining spots.

4. Since camp, a couple contracted players had to back out, resulting in a call for interested parties. The spots were snapped up quickly.

End result: 16 mellos in a line of 80 brass.

Cool?

March camp is this weekend. Expect much news.

• Like 4

Thank you for the clarification and update, 2muchcoffeeman. Much appreciated. :thumbs-up:

How about the new uniforms? I heard recently that they will be pretty drastically different, yet still keeping with the corps traditions (a la short-sleeved Madison Scouts). As an alum who welcomes change (though I may be in the minority), I'm curious what everyone else would think of a changing the uniform to something radically different by the Troopers' standards.