Troopers 2016

When Troop posted the 30 sec snippet of the piece, many remarks were about the copying of Crown. "Looks like Crown had a cute little baby corps" "Copying Crown. really?", etc

Crown announced they were playing Ecstasy of Gold this year.

Irony is so... ironic.

It was lost on those making the comparison.

Boy, did you just hit it out of the park, Daave. The irony was there for the taking, but it sailed right over the heads of some who chimed in on the Troopers music selection as a " copycat ". Crown did the silk over the brass section visual thingy, last season too. What lower Tier, but Top 10 Corps ,did the see through silk over the brass section thingy just a couple of years back as well ? I enjoyed Crown's particular version of this visual move however, and could care less if some other Corps did this similar visual move just a couple of years back as well either. But oh... the irony indeed, and I sensed it about the same time you did too with Crown's 2016 music selection of" Ecstasy of Gold" too ( that the Troopers, as well as the Glassmen, Teal Sound and several other Corps have played before). Which, by the way, could lead me to The Cadets 2016 music selection choice of the " Pines of Rome".... oh... never mind.... ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I can agree with that for almost all corps..... The Troopers (DCI) and The Caballeros (DCA) are two corps whose name describes an actual person's identity. Madison makes uniform changes, but always stay close to their "scout" look. The Cadets also stay close to their military school image.If you're going to be the 11th Ohio Regiment, then you should dress that way......I liked the new Cabs look, until the alumni corps followed them onto the field. And when the alumni corps and competing corps merged for the final, I wondered who that was out their with the Caballeros. Cabs and Troopers should leave uniform experimentation in the color guard..... why would the two corps with the most distinguishable look change from that look?

Madison Scouts' uniforms haven't looked at all like boy scouts since the early 1970s. It hasn't been a problem.

Boy, did you just hit it out of the park, Daave. The irony was there for the taking, but it sailed right over the heads of some who chimed in on the Troopers music selection as a " copycat ". Crown did the silk over the brass section visual thingy, last season too. What lower Tier, but Top 10 Corps ,did the see through silk over the brass section thingy just a couple of years back as well ? I enjoyed Crown's particular version of this visual move however, and could care less if some other Corps did this similar visual move just a couple of years back as well either. But oh... the irony indeed, and I sensed it about the same time you did too with Crown's 2016 music selection of" Ecstasy of Gold" too ( that the Troopers, as well as the Glassmen, Teal Sound and several other Corps have played before). Which, by the way, could lead me to The Cadets 2016 music selection choice of the " Pines of Rome".... oh... never mind.... ( haha!)

Imitation remains to be the sincerest form of flattery.

• Like 1

Spring break finally over HT?

????????

You haven't been around recently. At least the topics I've read I didn't see your byline.

Ahhhh. No Ghost, you haven't missed anything. Just decided that at the advanced age of 57, it was about time that I took the wise counsel of my dear departed Dad. "It is better for one to keep his mouth shut and let others think him a fool, than to open it and relieve all doubt." (which he dispensed equally with "Never p### into the wind" and "Never get into a p###ing match with a skunk.") Never too old for me to learn....

Edited by HornTeacher

Just decided that at the advanced age of 57, it was about time that I took the wise counsel of my dear departed Dad. "It is better for one to keep his mouth shut and let others think him a fool, than to open it and relieve all doubt."

And I thought my Uncle came up with that piece of wisdom! Don't worry HT, there are dozens of us on this site that should follow that suggestion long before you'd need too.

When Troop posted the 30 sec snippet of the piece, many remarks were about the copying of Crown. "Looks like Crown had a cute little baby corps" "Copying Crown. really?", etc

Crown announced they were playing Ecstasy of Gold this year.

Irony is so... ironic.

It was lost on those making the comparison.

Irony indeed.

Looking forward to hearing Troop this season. They're certainly making a statement.

Irony indeed.

Looking forward to hearing Troop this season. They're certainly making a statement.

As am I. And though this is not, in any shape, manner, or form a Trooper fan site, it remains that I wish them well in their 2016 endeavors. I hope that they continue to carry themselves with honor, loyalty, and dedication. Based upon the few video snippets I've seen and heard, this could prove to be a most memorable season for them. My best wishes also go to and with all the young men and women, in all the groups, who continue to represent the activity in a way of which we all can be most proud.

• Like 1