Troopers 2016

I think you should be open, envision what it'll look like up top like it's designed to be, and don't let it effect your vision and mindset of what being a Trooper is all about.

I think a person should be able to express if they to like or dislike a Corps uniform ( or a Corps show ) however that person chooses. I don't quite understand why its seemingly ok for a person to tell us they like something, and why, but somehow verboten to express to us what they may not like, and why. Anyway, none of these uniforms ( or " costumes " if one prefers ) define the person wearing it, imo. Thats a given it seems to me. Good luck to the Troopers this season. I could easily see them as potentially one of my surprise Corps this season, if things break the way they could.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

I think a person should be able to express if they to like or dislike a Corps uniform ( or a Corps show ) however that person chooses. I don't understand why its seemingly ok for a person to tell us they like something, but somehow verboten to express that they might not. Anyway, none of these uniforms ( or " costumes " if one prefers ) define the person wearing it, imo. Thats a given it seems to me.

That's not my intention, just saying to be open. If they don't like it that's okay. If I don't I will definitely say so. I'm definitely not one of the anything negative is offensive crowd, I just think before we pass judgement we should consider all options. And if it does end up being God awful, it shouldn't hamper enjoyment of a show. Unless it is REALLY bad.

• Like 2

Livestream of the Indy 500 Parade is here.

Based on some FB posts I've seen at warmups, my initial impression of the new uni is positive. Cream tops, white hats, with a cowboy-esque rolled up denim sleeve. Not sure what it will look like on a downtown street, but on the field, they are going to pop.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman

VERY pleasantly surprised with the look of the full corps LIVE in the 500 Parade! Awesome!

• Like 1

Not a fan. I think a big piece of me just died a little. I hope they do well. I wish them all the best. If this is what it takes to be a modern drum corps, so be it. Man, I feel old...and disappointed.

• Like 1

When you see what those light tops and dark pants do from an effect and clarity standpoint up top, that's when the design really makes sense -- especially in bigger stadiums. The old uniforms didn't do the group any favors from an ensemble visual standpoint, though it was a cool individual look.