Troopers 2016

Good lord. You know, Troopers could hand out $100 bills to everyone in the stands, etc., etc., etc. ....

To paraphrase Nathan Hale: "I only regret that I have but one like to give to this post."

Edited by HornTeacher

Ah, yes, the "wooooah is meeee" troop spin control has already begun.

The staff knew this would be a public performance... it was plastered all over the place.

What a dumb move. Don't beat your kids up before their first performance for the nation of little bandos.

This guy..."What a dumb move."

You are clueless.

So, the first contest has come and gone. Once again...off with a whimper. No buzz. Little chatter. What's up?

I wouldn't say that. Here is a sampling of Twitter from last night:

qeRM6O3.png?1

UExEJHA.png?1

V8VUjKX.png?1

. . . and they even made a new fan:

3UT6sje.png?1

:sigh:

Remember, the show was not livestreamed. Only those in the stands could see it, and almost none of them were sharing thoughts -- about any of the shows -- with DCP. Kevin G. was deployed to Massilon last night, not Whitewater. There were 3 different shows around the country. There was lots going on.

But those who saw Troopers liked them just fine.

And when the scores came out, Troop was a little bit closer to Blue Stars than they were at the first show in 2015. Reports from the members are that they could feel and hear the crowd response to "Fix You" on the field. They had positive energy following the show; they know what they need to work on; and they're eager to get to work today in preparation for another show tonight.

There's nothing to indicate there won't be plenty of buzz about Troopers -- and every other corps -- as the tour progresses and they get some screen time on DCI Live. Troopers will be on the livestream on Friday, from the Muncie, Ind., show. The buzz is only beginning.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 4

In the immortal words of Yogi Berra....

"It ain't over 'til it's over."

And folks...it ain't over. Not by a long shot.

Edited by HornTeacher

Sources in the trenches tell me not a "good run" last night.

Also was not a good spot...before intermission...before colts and on an hour before blue stars.

Gonna be a great week.

Sources in the trenches tell me not a "good run" last night.

Also was not a good spot...before intermission...before colts and on an hour before blue stars.

Gonna be a great week.

A member of the corps told me the post-show mood was upbeat. After a miscue on the entrance to the initial fanfare, they got on top of it and had good energy throughout, and could feel the audience love during "fix you." For sure, they know what needs attention and how to improve it. I didn't pick up any "bad run" vibes at all.

True, performance order wasn't ideal. They have more advantageous slots coming up. Agree it should be a good week.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman

These post show updates read like last year and the year before. If the score is not what you expect its a bad run or its the the slot you went on. If the show was great DCP would of lit up like a Christmas tree. Take Bluecoats as an example. The race for finals is looking exactly like last year. And after seeing both Troopers and Colts it looks like finals will have to go through Crossmen who I think have one hell of a show!

These post show updates read like last year and the year before. If the score is not what you expect its a bad run or its the the slot you went on. If the show was great DCP would of lit up like a Christmas tree. Take Bluecoats as an example. The race for finals is looking exactly like last year. And after seeing both Troopers and Colts it looks like finals will have to go through Crossmen who I think have one hell of a show!

You just might be on to something.