Troopers 2016

We shall see. Still a fair amount of drum corps to go, and nobody is standing still.

Nor would I want for them. The most meaningful success comes when you know you have defeated another when he is at his very best. Anything else simply rings hollow.

If Academy has squeezed out most of the juice that it can from this orange, I don't know if they can keep the margin over Troopers during the next couple of weeks. Maybe they've got something extra they plan to put on the field; we'll see.

I saw Academy two nights ago at Centerville, and felt their show still needed a lot of polishing. Maybe not as dirty as Troopers appeared to me on the Atlanta video, but Academy has plenty of room yet to improve their score.

(In my dream world, there's a tie for 12th at Semis.)

• Like 1

I saw Academy two nights ago at Centerville, and felt their show still needed a lot of polishing. Maybe not as dirty as Troopers appeared to me on the Atlanta video, but Academy has plenty of room yet to improve their score.

This seems to be a yearly mantra among many every year anymore, doesn't it? (asked quite rhetorically) :colgate:

If there were a tie for 12th @ semis would the tie stand (13 Corps finals) or would the tie-breaking process developed after 1999/2000 (when we had 4 champs in 2 years) kick in?

If there were a tie for 12th @ semis would the tie stand (13 Corps finals) or would the tie-breaking process developed after 1999/2000 (when we had 4 champs in 2 years) kick in?

Tie breaking with GE (or a similar caption)? Was that rule not rescinded, or is there a different procedure in place?

Tie breakers, as I understand it, were for First Place ONLY and are no longer in effect. We don't know if there's a tie breaker for 12th, but there was at least one tie for 17th in the past when that was the Semis cut off and both corps performed on Friday.

Odds of a tie when we go to the ten-thousandth of a point are minimal, I'll believe it when I see it. Instead, hopefully DCI will LET US SEE THE NON-FINALIST SHOWS AFTER THE SEASON and it won't matter in the long run.

Don't you dare give up Troopers... I haven't.

Nor I.

• Like 1