Troopers 2016

The very nature of "Hero" seems geared for finals-week, do-or-die, give-it-all-you-got emotion. Troop already has run this show several times in LOS. They got back to familiar surroundings early Tuesday morning when they arrived at their spring-training site.

I have every confidence Troopers will be at their best this week. I think they will be very strong in music and GE. If they can be just good enough in visual . . .

Regardless, they have moved thousands of fans to tears this year, and have demonstrated their commitment to continually raising their own bar. It's the cowboy way.

• Like 2

The very nature of "Hero" seems geared for finals-week, do-or-die, give-it-all-you-got emotion. Troop already has run this show several times in LOS. They got back to familiar surroundings early Tuesday morning when they arrived at their spring-training site.

I have every confidence Troopers will be at their best this week. I think they will be very strong in music and GE. If they can be just good enough in visual . . .

Regardless, they have moved thousands of fans to tears this year, and have demonstrated their commitment to continually raising their own bar. It's the cowboy way.

Boy, I hope you're right. We need another miracle of 1979. Here's hoping.

• Like 1

They brought their best to the semifinals field, that's for sure. This was a hungry corps on the field on Friday, and that's what you want your program to produce, so congratulations to the Troopers for sending the kids home from the summer knowing they gave their best on the day it counted most.

And thank you, Troopers, for not taking the easy way out. You challenged yourselves with a demanding, exposed visual program and never backed away from it; it took you all season but you nailed your 0-to-0 front on Friday, and it was glorious. When you watch the 2016 DVDs years from now (perhaps DCI will actually make one containing the Troopers :dry: ), you won't see any other corps trying it. With a program that reached for new ground, you touched a lot of fans who know, personally, what it is to struggle against disease, hardship and discrimination. You took a chance on Corigliano and by season's end, sold the heck out of that portion of the show, which was so unlike the Troopers of popular nostalgia. In short, you pushed your boundaries and raised your bar.

Here's hoping you do the same in 2017.

Signed,

A fan

• Like 5

They brought their best to the semifinals field, that's for sure. This was a hungry corps on the field on Friday, and that's what you want your program to produce, so congratulations to the Troopers for sending the kids home from the summer knowing they gave their best on the day it counted most.

And thank you, Troopers, for not taking the easy way out. You challenged yourselves with a demanding, exposed visual program and never backed away from it; it took you all season but you nailed your 0-to-0 front on Friday, and it was glorious. When you watch the 2016 DVDs years from now (perhaps DCI will actually make one containing the Troopers :dry: ), you won't see any other corps trying it. With a program that reached for new ground, you touched a lot of fans who know, personally, what it is to struggle against disease, hardship and discrimination. You took a chance on Corigliano and by season's end, sold the heck out of that portion of the show, which was so unlike the Troopers of popular nostalgia. In short, you pushed your boundaries and raised your bar.

Here's hoping you do the same in 2017.

Signed,

A fan

To which, I can only say...

This.

Edited by HornTeacher

soooooo... new brass caption head for Troopers next year?

You go Tim! That's the way to finish the job...knock 'em down and keep 'em down...lol

• Like 1

I've posted very few comments, but I've read every post on DCP for 12 years. My name is Neil Van Natta. I'm a Cavalier. I marched 97-01. I was horn sgt. with my friend in 2000-2001. I love drum corps. It's one of the few things I care about. This guy beating this stadium guy up is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen in drum corps.

• Like 1