Troopers 2016

I've posted very few comments, but I've read every post on DCP for 12 years. My name is Neil Van Natta. I'm a Cavalier. I marched 97-01. I was horn sgt. with my friend in 2000-2001. I love drum corps. It's one of the few things I care about. This guy beating this stadium guy up is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen in drum corps.

Your sentiment is not wrong, however there is a longer clip out there that shows stadium guy throwing the first punch/elbow. Not making excuses--just saying what you saw isn't the whole picture.

• Like 1

Edited by wvu80

There is more to this story....same as in the media, sometimes people post clips of the outcome not the lead in!!!

Edited by randyb

People, let's quash this now before misinformation gets all over the place. Having seen the full video and spoken to eye witnesses, Tim Snyder was legally acting in self defense. The events guy was being a turd and started throwing props around and yelling at staff members while the corps was having it's post-show meeting. Tim approached him and asked him to calm down, and that the corps would be moving in a moment. The events guy proceeded to strike tim and grab him in a choke hold. When he wouldn't let go, THEN Tim punched him.

The police were called and said tim could press charges against the events guy for assault.

DO NOT MAKE ACCUSATIONS ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DO NOT KNOW.

Edited by TroopAlum12
  • Like 2

I've seen the longer video as well. What TroopAlum12 describes is correct.

I don't know the right or wrong answer here. All I know is that the 150 Troopers of 2016 put a very emotional last show on the field on Friday, August 12. Whatever is happening now because of this altercation might be very painful for them. I hope folks will keep that in mind.

Edited by TerriTroop
  • Like 1

People, let's quash this now before misinformation gets all over the place. Having seen the full video and spoken to eye witnesses, Tim Snyder was legally acting in self defense. The events guy was being a turd and started throwing props around and yelling at staff members while the corps was having it's post-show meeting. Tim approached him and asked him to calm down, and that the corps would be moving in a moment. The events guy proceeded to strike tim and grab him in a choke hold. When he wouldn't let go, THEN Tim punched him.

The police were called and said tim could press charges against the events guy for assault.

DO NOT MAKE ACCUSATIONS ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DO NOT KNOW.

Punching a guy who is trying to choke hold you is self defense. Punching a guy who is disarmed and laying on the ground is no longer self defense, it is assault.

If what he was doing was self defense, the other staff on the Troopers would not be trying to stop him from punching the guy once he's down.

Absolutely disgusting.

• Like 1

You are making excuses.

I don't care how long the video clip is, I don't care what the circumstances were, that stadium worker was lying ON THE GROUND on his back when the Trooper staff was hitting him in the face. That doesn't "defend" anybody, and it doesn't "defend" the corps. He should be ashamed of himself and for the disgrace he has brought to the Troopers and to all drum corps members.

That man has no business being around young people. Speaking as a parent, I would NOT allow my son or daughter to march in a corps he was a part of. He can't control his anger and he settles his business with violence.

Disgusting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCcPubhxIow&feature=youtu.be

So trying to defend your corps is disgusting? I'd like to see what is right in your eyes then.

Punching a guy who is trying to choke hold you is self defense. Punching a guy who is disarmed and laying on the ground is no longer self defense, it is assault.

If what he was doing was self defense, the other staff on the Troopers would not be trying to stop him from punching the guy once he's down.

Absolutely disgusting.

This is a bad accusation. Truth is, none of us know how we would react in such a situation unless you've been there. Adrenaline can impair our thinking, especially when we are threatened and our survival instincts kick in.

You don't know what you would really do if that was you. None of us do. To say otherwise is an outright lie.

Edited by TroopAlum12

This is a bad accusation. Truth is, none of us know how we would react in such a situation. Adrenaline can impair our thinking, especially when we are threatened and our survival instincts kick in.

You don't know what you would really do if that was you. None of us do. To say otherwise is an outright lie.

Of course not, but the action still happened regardless. This is the same dumb argument made to excuse inexcusable police shootings. Just because you have adrenaline rushing through you does not mean all your actions are excused.