Troopers 2016

Amazing how quickly the finger pointers scatter when light is brought on the subject.

My opinion is just that. I'll keep it to myself. Don't want anyone's feelings getting butt hurt......

Troopers 2016. Great show! Loved seeing the growth you had over the season. Thank you for being OUR heroes!

• Like 2

As stated earlier, always more to the story!!!!

They were in a location that every single drum corps since 2009 has occupied during finals week. Various personal accounts (from sources outside the holy DCP) have noted that this "worker" has heckled various corps and their staff and members for a few years now

Somehow not surprised. I found the staff at LOS to be some of the worst all season about hassling corps members\staff as well. There was one in particular around sec 338ish that was visible being a problem both fri and sat.

Thank you for whoever shared the full thing, and thank you to those who have come to help defend Tim :)

I know I should not be making light in the case of this incident but hearing about all these diffficulties with LOS staff got me thinking. The relationship between DCI and Indy sours, the relationship ends, and we go back to rotating finals in different cities.

• Like 1

Hi folks. To those of you who still have ruffled feathers, let me tell you a bit about what the Trooper way is and is not.

The Troopers way is NOT attacking somebody unprovoked. That is dishonorable. That is what the LOS events/security guy did.

The Troopers way IS standing up for yourself and your corps. It IS not letting other people take advantage of you. That is honorable. That is what Tim Snyder did.

To recap: what the LOS guy did was not the Trooper way. What Tim did was the Trooper way. Maybe one punch too many? Perhaps. But I stand by my case that he was in the right. Because at least when I was a Trooper, and the way I was raised in general, if somebody tries to come at you for no reason other than to be a bully, you stood up to them.

Have a nice day :smile:

• Like 7

Full vid on the dcp Facebook page my phone won't let me copy the link

From a legal perspective it's very simple:

The employee of Lucas Oil Stadium has the right to ask the Troopers and their staff to exit an area regardless of corps traditions. It is the job of the drum corps to first and foremost follow the rules of the stadium. The instructor of the Troopers, who are licensing use of the stadium (through DCI), must know of those rules and follow them. Failure to do so is not good. Becoming irate and starting a physical fight with a stadium employee is not only wrong, but it's assault with intention to harm.

LOS and their employee may file suit against the Troopers. DCI may try their best to smooth things over so it doesn't come to a suit. Most likely this Troopers' instructor will be canned.

However employee throwing a punch unprovoked can screw the stadium big time which is what happened

• Like 3