Troopers 2016

All the pansy ### people here blaming the Troopers staff member are the same idiots who want to give participation trophies.

I thought the Trooper staff member restrained himself from getting physical til the guy tried a choke hold At that point he took the gloves off and gave him the business. He is my Hero! The LOS ###### deserves everything he got. He should lose his job and should have charges pressed for assault Feeling irritated.

You win this thread!
  • Like 1

We do not know what he was saying to the LOS guy. For all we know that guy felt he was being threatened and punched first in what he felt was self-defense. Once the guy was on his back and people were pulling them apart, there was no need for the last punch to the face. This could have easily ended much worse - for example, LOS guy getting punched in the face and breaking the back of his skull on the pavement. There are only a few people who know exactly what led up to the confrontation and I am not one of them, but I do know when something goes beyond the point of "defending" one's self, and the last punch was going too far.

Real fights aren't like in the movies tho...and when self-defense instincts kick in, all bets are off. Note that the punches from Tim ONLY happened after the chokehold was broken...not immediately after the elbow.

I see a lot of posts picking one side or the other, with absolute certainty. Anyone beside me think that both men were at fault?

it's not wrong to punch somebody after they've elbowed you in the face and put you in a chokehold, no

he showed incredible restraint, actually

• Like 2

Well, I think I must needs say something about all of this. Physical fighting is something that should make us all a bit squeamish and uncomfortable. But what should make us more uneasy is the idea of men not being able to defend themselves against violence and others sitting sanctimoniously behind their computer screens crying foul—as if you would sprout angel wings and blow kisses if another man began to assault you.

P.S. Those who have invoked Jim Jones have no idea how he would have responded—Shoot, back in the day this is exactly how he used to handle marching members who repeated a mistake. I jest (a bit).

• Like 2