Troopers 2016

Since so many seem keen on discussing an event they haven't fully seen:

vc5j75X.gif

I don't care what words were exchanged prior to this in the longer video, it simply doesn't matter!

This is ALL the damning evidence that is needed if this was the first physical contact.

HockeyDad, you're wrong. Regardless of the words or "orders" by this stadium employee, he had NO RIGHT to throw this elbow and get physical. HIS decision is not the end-all of every situation he comes across. He has superiors and, if a corps didn't follow his orders, his responsibility is to get his superiors involved, not to throw punches.

Even if the Troopers staff member told him to go F- himself, he had NO RIGHT to get physical. Period. Once he did that he deserved every response it took to restrain him.

• Like 4

JessOnTheRun was another alias. fun stuff, practically commented on every single drum corps video in existence back in 2008ish

I REMEMBER THAT ######.

Back when I was in high school innocent little me tried getting into it with that guy. I lost so many minutes of my life......

• Like 2

He was physically assaulted, so no surprise.

Very, very true, Lance. And yet...not always a practice followed across the board. I think we've all seen cases of that.

don't bother, thats a well known internet "troll" that periodically goes around DCI youtube videos slamming corps and members. on a different account said troll claimed to have multiple rings, taught at various organizations, etc. youtube periodically deletes the account, they just come back under a different name

Ahhhhh...are we speaking of the notorious Madame Simpson??

Granny, you and I are saying the same thing. Like you, I felt some folks were indeed overthinking and reaching conclusions based on supposition, not evidence. So far, I've seen nothing to indicate the Troopers are in the wrong. Could there still be more to all of this we do not yet know? Of course. Do we even know whether there IS still more to all of this? No, we don't. Until we do, definitive statements seem unwise. And until then, I'm unpersuaded the Troopers have anything to answer for.

I thought I had, by now, established myself to be a member of your club. You disappoint me, 2much. :silly:

Hi folks. To those of you who still have ruffled feathers, let me tell you a bit about what the Trooper way is and is not.

The Troopers way is NOT attacking somebody unprovoked. That is dishonorable. That is what the LOS events/security guy did.

The Troopers way IS standing up for yourself and your corps. It IS not letting other people take advantage of you. That is honorable. That is what Tim Snyder did.

To recap: what the LOS guy did was not the Trooper way. What Tim did was the Trooper way. Maybe one punch too many? Perhaps. But I stand by my case that he was in the right. Because at least when I was a Trooper, and the way I was raised in general, if somebody tries to come at you for no reason other than to be a bully, you stood up to them.

Have a nice day :smile:

Further, I was brought up, and taught my kids, that you never throw the first punch but, once the other guy throws the first, you keep swinging until he's on the ground completely immobilized and can't fight back.

Clint Eastwood described it best, and the Troopers had better NOT become pussified with political correctness.

I am SO PROUD of Tim and the Troopers for standing up to the bullies...

• Like 1

Had to watch the film again, since I had a further thought. It appears that the attendant has a walkie-talkie attached to his left hip. If he was experiencing that much difficulty, it would have been not only easy, but prudent, for him to call for backup. But he didn't. He took matters into his OWN hands. And therein lies the proof of eventual intent...

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

We do not know what he was saying to the LOS guy. For all we know that guy felt he was being threatened and punched first in what he felt was self-defense. Once the guy was on his back and people were pulling them apart, there was no need for the last punch to the face. This could have easily ended much worse - for example, LOS guy getting punched in the face and breaking the back of his skull on the pavement. There are only a few people who know exactly what led up to the confrontation and I am not one of them, but I do know when something goes beyond the point of "defending" one's self, and the last punch was going too far.

So being called ANYTHING condones violence?

Let me introduce you to my friend Clint Eastwood...

Your opinion is part of what he called the Pussification of America.

I'm pretty sure you and I are simpatico, Hornteacher. We can even work out a club handshake if you like.

Nahhh...not into that sort of thing. Just knowing that you know is plenty satisfying to me, Sir.