Troopers 2016

We must keep in mind that all day that lot is crawling with kids...KIDS... As far as kids go when it comes to their well being and safety there are no more rules. As an educator myself I will always fight to protect my students. Who knows what this yellow jacket could have done if a kid was in the middle of his aggressive behavior.

My father always taught me never to start a fight. However, if another individual starts a fight with you, you FINISH it. There are also plenty of reasons to react to violence with nonviolence. Situations vary and opinions are obviously subjective. The term "fight" can mean physical or otherwise, by the way. Consider this: if you know without a doubt you are the good in the situation, what might happen if you fail to finish a fight you did not start...especially when surrounded by hundreds of KIDS...

Should the situation have been escalated passed words? Probably not. But who knows what could happen to the KIDS crawling around the area if you don't? I have witnessed this man first hand harass performers out in that lot. By itself it does not warrant violence against him, but I will not budge in this instance: When there are kids involved (directly or indirectly) there are NO MORE RULES. Active shooter in the school; fire in the school; bullying; adult harassment...I could keep going for several pages.

Tim Snyder loves his students. He loves his family. He loves his friends and colleagues. The video and situation does seem a bit out of control to people of varying opinions on the matter, but I will always and forever see this as Tim protecting himself and his kids. This is hands down one of Tim Snyder's greatest moments.

• Like 1

I get the point, but do you know when was the time to "love your enemy"? When he was on the ground and disabled from inflicting harm on Tim or anyone else.

What I REALLY want to see is not what occurred prior to the flying fists, but what happened AFTER. Where'd Deputy Doofus go? Who called whom? Did he report in to his superiors?

Loving thy enemies means the Troopers don't fund their next ten years off of a lawsuit against the company employing the staff. (Although that may end a very good relationship with LOS, so I likely wouldn't pursue it.)

Love your enemy is hard, and I fail at it every day. But it's why I love you, even though you're a Buckeye ❤️ Edited by HockeyDad

Ok so you dragged me back into this. What Barney Fife the security guard did was beneath contempt. Here's my question: was there any other possible response that would have been equally effective and didn't include exchanging punches with more punches? I say yes. And apparently I'm a party of one on this but that's how it goes sometimes. It looks like Tim is a pretty big fellow compared to event staff guy. It also appears the event staff guy is quite a bit older. Yes, Tim was all kinda abused by this moron. Absolutely. But....could Tim have grabbed this guy by the shirt collar and backed him up about a hundred feet away from the corps, all the while explaining to him that THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! And restrain him there until the police arrived? Certainly someone called 911 right? Meeting violence with more violence is what's wrong with society today. One of the things that's wrong anyway. I'm just a Matthew 5:38 guy. You're not gonna move me from that outlook. I hope that's a more thorough explanation of my thoughts on this. Reasonable people can disagree, even in this case. The guy didn't have a gun. He wasn't an imminent threat to the life of anybody. If he were, my thoughts on this would match yours.

Oh, and by the way, I don't even have a YouTube account. So that's not me trolling over there.

I definitely think the LOS guy was at fault (and I've thought this from the beginning) for initiating all the contact, but I too am the type that does not believe violence should be met by violence. It's just my own moral philosophy, it's fine if others have different ones. Should Tim have disarmed the LOS staff member? Yes. But that's as far as it should've gone. Like HockeyDad, my opinion won't be changed on this, but I can definitely see the other side of it. I hope the Troopers do end up pursuing legal action though.

I went to a hockey game last night and a drum corps show broke out!

Go Troop

• Like 2

Just sent an email to LOS booking and sales office and asked "Just curious but is the idiot being let go?"

from reddit:

throwaway account, so take it for what it's worth, but from someone who spoke with tim personally: "security guard was fired, tim resigned from troopers yesterday. this sucks"

Edited by packetslave

from reddit:

Let's please avoid starting any talk about resignation until we hear something from official channels.

The security guard is not an employee of the stadium. LOS is owned and managed by the Capital Improvement Boaed, a corporation created by statute to manage public facilities in Marion County, Indiana. They contract with Contemporary Services Corporation to provide security and crowd control.

I bet CSC gets sued all the time for incidents similar to this. At least, I hope they do.

I've dealt with a few cases involving yayhoo security guards, and under Indiana law they have no right to detain anyone unless they are suspected of shoplifting.

From the video, it's hard to see this as anything but an unjustified battery by the CSC employee. The staffer, in contrast, was justified in defending himself against an attempted choke hold.

Barney Fife is likely to be entitled to worker's compensation. I just hope he doesn't make a claim against DCI, the Troopers and this individual.

Unfortunately, everyone involved will have to wait two years to find out.

Let's please avoid starting any talk about resignation until we hear something from official channels.

I've thought (and suggested) that we hear from Troopers management ASAP. This will go a long way to clearing the air.