Troopers 2016

Throwing the "punch" with the elbow is actually a technique that is taught in many self defense courses and can cause more damage than a fist. This tells me the security guard intended to inflict pain or stun. Based on the video showing him throw the elbow, followed by a choke hold, I find myself asking WHY? I saw nothing from the Trooper staff member that warranted that physical attack from the LOS security employee.

This was my impression too. He was clearly aiming to "incapacitate" Tim for some reason that entirely unwarranted. Thankfully, he was comically inept at it.

• Like 1

Just saw the video for the first time.

Tim was clearly assaulted. A elbow to the throat can kill someone or crush the wind pipe and force emergency medical care.

Then he was put in a choke hold which can also kill you or crush your wind pipe.

Twice he was assaulted with possibly deadly consequences.

Tim responded with immediate action and force to stop the attack(s).

Someone throat punches me or tries to put me in a choke hold??? Oh yeah.. its game on time. What he got was mild in comparison.

If there's a police investigation or any hint of litigation afoot, any lawyer would advise Troopers to say nothing.

Exactly. Smart move

Your point is only a valid point IF there is more video that we haven't seen of Tim assaulting the other man first which based on the context of we do have doesn't exist.

Even if we let our imaginations run wild that Mr. Snyder cussed the man and called his wife every rank and filthy name in the book that doesn't justify the stadium worker's physical response towards Tim. There is no moral equivalence.

There's nothing to overthink here. Let's use our common sense without being polluted by weak-kneed sentimentalism. One man physically assaults a man and that man successfully defends himself. Not really any more or any less.

Exactly!!

Looking at Tim's body language, it's hard to believe there was any prior confrontation before the video began. In fact, even after the security guard elbowed him in the face, he seemed remarkably calm and did not retaliate until the guy tried to strangle him.

Perhaps this has been answered either earlier or in another thread, but were the police called in at all? Did security supervisors respond?

Judging from what I've seen on video both on DCP and Facebook (which has a longer clip), when the instructor is pulled off the guard, the guard gets up and walks away. I've seen far smaller scuffles between security and fans at Gillette Stadium and Fenway Park and police are called in immediately.thecteason I ask is that the guard may have known no matter what provoked him, he would get in serious trouble, including court action, where he got physical first. That being said, while it shows the instructor was attacked, his response looks like more than self defense.

This was not the only example of bad behavior at semi's. I purchased a bottle of soda and asked if I could have the cap. At Colts games the cap is removed for safety reasons. A capped bottle if thrown is more dangerous than an uncapped bottle because the liquid can escape. It makes sense. The woman said I could keep the cap, but then told me a fan threw a bottle at another fan over a dispute.

Perhaps this has been answered either earlier or in another thread, but were the police called in at all? Did security supervisors respond?

Judging from what I've seen on video both on DCP and Facebook (which has a longer clip), when the instructor is pulled off the guard, the guard gets up and walks away. I've seen far smaller scuffles between security and fans at Gillette Stadium and Fenway Park and police are called in immediately.thecteason I ask is that the guard may have known no matter what provoked him, he would get in serious trouble, including court action, where he got physical first. That being said, while it shows the instructor was attacked, his response looks like more than self defense.

This was not the only example of bad behavior at semi's. I purchased a bottle of soda and asked if I could have the cap. At Colts games the cap is removed for safety reasons. A capped bottle if thrown is more dangerous than an uncapped bottle because the liquid can escape. It makes sense. The woman said I could keep the cap, but then told me a fan threw a bottle at another fan over a dispute.

Heard the police arrived, were shown the video, and informed Tim S he could press charges against the stadium worker.

:-(

https://www.facebook.com/TimothyRobertSnyder/posts/10210058508363150?pnref=story

I want to personally thank the members and staff of the Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps for everything they have taught me over the last 4 years.

It has been an incredible ride and allowed me grow and understand my role in this unbelievable world of drum corps. I have so much to learn and cant wait to see where this activity will take me.

I want to personally thank all those staff members that have allowed me to be myself and help me become the teacher I am today. Each and every one of you know who you are and it would take days to tag you all. I love all of you and couldn't have done even half of this without you.

I would like to personally thank Donnie VanDoren for all of his mentorship and guidance throughout the years. I'm happy to know that you are by my side in whatever I try to do. It has been an awesome ride and has only begun.

Thank you to the Troopers admin for allowing me the opportunity to become a caption head. They say your first place is always the most special, I can honestly say, I will remember my time at Troopers forever.

To the 200+ members of the Troopers Brass Program during my tenure. You guys are special. You took a chance on me when others wouldn't. You guys believed in what I was selling. In the end you became a signature of the Troopers Drum Corps and help set the standard for all Troopers Brass Programs in the future.

With all of that said, I respectfully resign as the brass caption head at the Troopers. I cant wait to let the world know whats next, but that will come in time. Right now, lets focus on the Troopers and the awesome members and staff of this venerable organization.

edit: formatting

Edited by packetslave

Sad :( wishing him the best of luck in whatever comes next.

I hope he wasn't pushed in the direction of this decision based on the incident last weekend. Clearly he was defending himself, and should not be held in any negative light.

• Like 1