Troopers 2016

I am reasonably certain that no amount of response here or on social media is determining what any corps does, or does not, do. When you create sketches, typically you create several, indicating different options. So far, we have seen a single sketch. Do we know if it's the final selection? We do not. Why was it revealed in the first place? I can't say, but neither will I automatically leap to the conclusion that it was some kind of 90-second trial balloon, and that the designers were huddled around their computer screens watching the reviews roll in, then yanked it. One thing is universally certain: Whenever a corps reveals a new uniform, there will be a collective freakout somewhere. Troopers could have exhumed Caspar Collins himself and put his uniform on the corps, and some group of people would register their disapproval.

It's March. As for me, I'm going to enjoy the arrival of spring, let things reveal themselves in due time, and wait until I see the corps on the field before coming to any conclusions.

I am reasonably certain that no amount of response here or on social media is determining what any corps does, or does not, do. When you create sketches, typically you create several, indicating different options. So far, we have seen a single sketch. Do we know if it's the final selection? We do not. Why was it revealed in the first place? I can't say, but neither will I automatically leap to the conclusion that it was some kind of 90-second trial balloon, and that the designers were huddled around their computer screens watching the reviews roll in, then yanked it. One thing is universally certain: Whenever a corps reveals a new uniform, there will be a collective freakout somewhere. Troopers could have exhumed Caspar Collins himself and put his uniform on the corps, and some group of people would register their disapproval.

It's March. As for me, I'm going to enjoy the arrival of spring, let things reveal themselves in due time, and wait until I see the corps on the field before coming to any conclusions.

This ! :thumbup:

But even then, remember XMEN last year? WOW what response even when coming out. WELL, many changed their mind quickly.ok some didn't..lol

Edited by GUARDLING

I've been hearing this same thing from multiple sources who were at the camp. Have patience and faith, people!

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Corps should never release initial uniform illustrations ... ever. The sketches never match the actual uniform.

Uniforms are meant to be seen from a minimum of 50 feet (or <20 feet if you're in Mankato) anyway. It ultimately doesn't matter what they look like up close.

Maybe consider your wording before you post then.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I am reasonably certain that no amount of response here or on social media is determining what any corps does, or does not, do.

Of course corps respond to the social media. If they didn't care what might be posted on social media, why was the Troopers sketch of their uniform so quickly removed from the public domain then ? If they did not care about the social media response, then we can be reasonably certain that there'd be no reason to remove it from the public domain. The initial response from the social media however apparently prompted the Troopers to take down the sketch of the uniform. if thats NOT a decision made by the Corps at least in part by what was said on the social media, then I don't know what else we could show you to convince you otherwise.

Edited by BRASSO

Of course corps respond to the social media. If they didn't care what might be posted on social media, why was the Troopers sketch of their uniform so quickly removed from the public domain then ? If they did not care about the social media response, then we can be reasonably certain that there'd be no reason to remove it from the public domain. The initial response from the social media however apparently prompted the Troopers to take down the sketch of the uniform. if thats NOT a decision made by the Corps at least in part by what was said on the social media, then I don't know what else we could show you to convince you otherwise.

I think that has more to do with new or potential members seeing whatever negativity there was.Not staff looking for approval. NOT that members should take some rhetoric personally ( it's not ) but pre judgement is something most forms of social media love to do. Lesson learned I bet.

Staff to a new member is also proving themselves to new or potential members just as members have to prove themselves to staff. The added rants don't help, especially when people haven't seen it in person.

We heard the same of Bac's new unis, Xmen, Cadets through the changes ( not even the black I'm talking about ) Madison gets alot BD, Crown, PR. Maybe troopers should be happy people are talking....lol

It is what it is though and they will survive the pre judgements ( most do )

Edited by GUARDLING

Corps themselves utilize Social media. All Corps leaderships have initiated Facebook sites for their Corps. And all the Individual Corps Facebook sites have comments sections, and they are all comments posted on their social media site. If they allow the prospective marchers to read and take in all the praise posted on there, one would assume that they would be equally open to the occasional criticisms that might come their way too as MM's. Besides, few of the MM's should be overly concerned with what criticisms some unnamed anonymous fan or fans are leveling about their Corps. Back in the day, all sorts of negativity might be said about a Corps, but the MM's learned early on not to give a snit about what anybody else thought about their Corps, their MM's, their staff, their unis, their busses, their instructors, their show, their scores, their placements, etc or whatever.. Today, I get the feeling that the BD MM's don't care about any criticisms that might come their way from anybody outside of their Corps. From my perspective, I think thats the right attitude to take on these things.

If the Troopers MM's like their uniforms they put on this summer, that should be all that matters. What I or others might think of their uniform( good, bad, or indifferent ) should be of little concern to them frankly.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Corps themselves utilize Social media. All Corps leaderships have initiated Facebook sites for their Corps. And all the Individual Corps Facebook sites have comments sections, and they are all comments posted on their social media site. If they allow the prospective marchers to read and take in all the praise posted on there, one would assume that they would be equally open to the occasional criticisms that might come their way as MM's anyway. Besides, few of the MM's should be overly concerned with what some unnamed anonymous fan says about their Corps. Back in the day, all sorts of negativity might be said about a Corps, but the MM's learned early on not to give a snit about what anybody else thought about their Corps, their MM's, their staff, their unis, their busses, their instructors, their show, etc. Today, I get the feeling that the BD MM's don't care about any criticisms that might come their way from anybody outside of their Corps. From my perspoective, I think thats the right attitude to take on these things.

You are quite right but very hard as a member , especially a new one to face the over the top critics sometimes. For some it's just not enough to give an opinion , no, they have to poke fun , dream up clever ( in their own minds ) comparisons. sad but you are right it is part of the make up of social media. Youre also right about "IF " a corps encourages one to even look ( hard not to )

Youre again right about back in the day and not giving a XXXX the difference is social media and all the experts weren't heard so publicly and by so many. way different dynamic. troopers will survive for sure and whatever they come out with will turn heads and change many minds, especially if they back their look with a kick ### corps.

PS: whats funny I know a few of these people ( even here ) who every year have over the top dramatic opinions yet i know their wives have to pick their clothes out before they even leave the house...kinda funny... I'm sure you know some of them also..lol

Edited by GUARDLING