Troopers 2016

Sleeves do make a world of difference. Much improved. I'm moving from "ewww" to "eh," but I still prefer the actual cavalry look over the Gary Cooper one.

Mike

Someone on one of the Troopers FB pages also pointed out that the position that the individual in the sketch is standing doesn't lend itself well to the uniform. When the members are standing at full attention, and not leaning so heavily to one side, I think it will come across much better.

Wish they would have posted that one first. The sleeve is a major improvement.

It has often been said here and elsewhere that the "uniform" is designed to been seen as a collective from the box and not individually from 10 feet away.

Even though the Trooper's brain trust is following this thread and likes the new comments, this latest rendition might not be the last one.

yeah, uniforms are never "done." Shows are never "done."

BTW, this sketch with the sleeves is the version of the uni the members saw modeled at camp.

I think I and many others can breathe a sigh of relief about that. The sleeves were the only big issue I had, I could see this actually being kinda nice on an actual member.

Sleeves do make a world of difference. Much improved. I'm moving from "ewww" to "eh," but I still prefer the actual cavalry look over the Gary Cooper one.

Mike

So there was a sketch or something with zero sleeves?! Yikes: I definitely would not like that.

This looks pretty cool, but to me personally anything short of long sleeves on a corps proper just doesn't look right. Other than that I really like this look for Troopers (and honestly, I like this LIGHT YEARS better than the scouts short sleeve stuff)

Some of this is interesting. A drawing, showing a caricature of a corps member wearing the "new" uniform - get's a few in a fluff. Was it the 6 foot legs? Was it the 20" waist? Was it the body that could hold nary a regular sized human organ (I haven't eaten so much as a carrot in 5 days)? Was it the pose? No - just add sleeves and you get an instant restoration to masculinity. The day is saved! (for those who posted Village People references, the cowboy also wore sleeves)

it was a drawing - very typical of those from the fashion industry. Remember last year's brouhaha with Cascades new uniforms? Suddenly we saw them in person and it was "Well those are kind of nice!"

Edited by Fish
  • Like 5

I still don't like this uniform...sleeves or not...but that is just my personal taste...I didn't like the Crossmen's recent uni either until I saw it from the box and changed my mind...so I'll reserve my judgement for when I see it in person from up top this season...right now it's just meh...