Troopers 2016

(for those who posted Village People references, the cowboy also wore sleeves)

I didn't make the reference, though the thought occurred to me. But just for fun, here is a picture of the cowboy with the sleeveless look and white hat . I won't post the actual picture here, since some might find it too suggestive, though nothing is actually exposed - click at your own discretion.

But since you mention it, here's one of the cowboy in similar blue sleeves rolled up. People are allowed to make their own conclusions and see whatever they like- if the uniform raises those connections in some peoples' eyes - that is a reality that the corps will have to own, whether they or anyone on DCP likes it.

Randy-Jones-Vintage-Pink-Sullen-225x300.

Edited by Eleran

Info is so scarce from corps that the last 48 hours we have been debating whether or not we like an artist's sketch of a make believe caricature of a male MM in Troopers Corps with a fantasized uniform that may or may not have much true representation when seen live on the real male and female MM's in the Troopers this season.

It just goes to show you how we are all reduced here to the several pages long discussion of what amounts to no more than an artists impression of something they saw.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Info is so scarce from corps that the last 48 hours we have been debating whether or not we like an artist's sketch of a make believe caricature of a male MM in Troopers Corps with a fantasized uniform that may or may not have much true representation when seen live on the real male and female MM's in the Troopers this season.

It just goes to show you how we are all reduced here to the several pages long discussion of what amounts to no more than an artists impression of something they saw.

Is it June yet?

• Like 2

I wouldn't go as far to say that it's not going to look anything like that or make believe. My experience with the sketches being in 2 different programs that got new uniforms from Cesario is that they look far more extravagant and are not in very good proportion. But they do give you a pretty good idea of what it's going to look like, I can imagine in my head what that'll look like.

I don't think it's crazy to discuss it, though in a civilized and respectful manner which I ALWAYS try to do on here. I'm kinda dissapointed there is not more discussion on the show announcement though and its possibilities, kinda got overshadowed by the first sketch and those (lack of) sleeves, now that there's another sketch WITH sleeves, and with some reports from people who have seen it on a member that it will look more like that one, we can rest a little easier, or at least live with it.

Is it June yet?

IKR. :tounge2:

• Like 1

I've long since learned to not judge a new uniform until I see it on the field, and how it fits a particular corps' show/theme.

Man... when Crown dropped the cream unis a few years back for the multi-colored ones with the tall hats, my first reaction after seeing the promo photo was... well... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. :tongue:

But when I saw them on the field, those unis, to me, were a great fit for what Crown was trying to accomplish that year.

• Like 3

I think it's cool. I know people love tradition, but things change.

Next up, Cadets with a uniform revamp that will make everything explode.

Gosh I hope not Cadets have the best uni in drum corp.