Troopers 2016

My attempt at a constructive critique. Remove the hip belt and make it into a sash from shoulder to hip to draw the eye up and elongate the body. Replace the denim shirts with a lightweight spandex material in black or navy like the pants for continuity. The rest is fine and seems the norm of many corps. I like the hats and the touch of yellow/gold and remember that Troopers are always classy in my eyes. Really enjoyed the bright and brilliant horn line in past years. Have a great summer!

• Like 3

Not for me to judge, and I'm trying like he** not to do so. That being said...I'm confused by the diagonal RED stripe at the waist -- but I'm sure it is for a reason I'm not intelligent enough to comprehend. And the Trooper uniform of the past always said "austerity." I see nothing austere in this. (Trying like living heck not to say what it DOES say in my mind.) I'm trying like heck to like it...I WANT to like it...and I'm willing to give it every shot in the world. But-but-but-but.......

Not for me to judge, and I'm trying like he** not to do so. That being said...I'm confused by the diagonal RED stripe at the waist -- but I'm sure it is for a reason I'm not intelligent enough to comprehend. And the Trooper uniform of the past always said "austerity." I see nothing austere in this. (Trying like living heck not to say what it DOES say in my mind.) I'm trying like heck to like it...I WANT to like it...and I'm willing to give it every shot in the world. But-but-but-but.......

Looking at the designers drawing, I think it's supposed to resemble the belt from a gun holster. on the drawing it looks like it sits higher than what we see in the pictures posted. It's also brown in the drawing and has what looks like a belt buckle.

Looking at the original posted drawing (see below), it looks like at one point it was designed to above the top on one side.

http://drumandbugleband.tumblr.com/post/141419414311/the-troopers-posted-this-sketch-of-their-new

Edited by Fish

On Facebook someone said that it almost looks like the top is an overlay. Uniform change maybe?

I think the tops look like catchers chest protectors. Play Ball !!