Alumni Spectacular in 2016?

for the record...I hope it continues.

honestly, the biggest challenge for alumni corps is getting younger members in, and getting younger fans to come

• Like 1

for the record...I hope it continues.

honestly, the biggest challenge for alumni corps is getting younger members in, and getting younger fans to come

Same here, Jeff. And for the record, a lot of the younger folks have to realize that just because there is snow on the roof, doesn't mean there isn't a raging fire down below.

Alumni still perform with the intensity of the competing members, just without the same endurance. Hey, getting older still stinks, but it beats the hell out of the alternative!

• Like 3

and see...i found myself losing that intensity. so I stopped playing

• Like 1

and see...i found myself losing that intensity. so I stopped playing

Heck... my intensity went away about a minute after 1982 DCA Finals!!! LOL. My last show marching in DCA.

Walked away from even watching shows for 10 years when real life hit (got married, bought a house, got suckered into being on church council - go figure). Then read about an exhibition in Gettysburg from RAMD (it did do some good). No idea if I'd sit thru the whole show but went. Ended up seeing an "Alumni" corps that had members not even born when the corps last competed. Got the bug to play and that worked until real life (older version) hit and family members health issues (including older generation passing away) got me too busy again.

Thank goodness for DCA webbing DCA Weekend as only live DC I get to see anymore.....

After I aged out in 2001. I no longer had the desire to perform on a field anymore, I think my knees and back say No Way dude, you've done your time. hahahah. So I moved to the sideline to teach, and perform in big bands and whomever hires me as a trombone guy.

i have a ton of respect for those still performing. Hats off to you all for wanting to be on the field.

• Like 1