Blue Stars Switch to Yamaha Brass and Percussion in 2016

Blue Knights were/are on Jupiter. They seem to do pretty well with those horns.

fantastic. someone different.

i've still not found a jupiter horn i liked.

Super glad that those contra kids will be on Yamahas and not the borderline-irresponsibly heavy Jupiters. Sound quality upgrade, and most importantly, performer health upgrade. With the way performers move today, the weight and size/balance of the horn is an important factor in making sure they're set up to succeed. This is a great change. Ask a current drum corps tuba player who has gone from a summer on Jupiters to a summer on Yamahas what the change was like and watch their eyes light up.

Irresponsibly heavy?

Irresponsibly heavy?

The weight and balance of the Jupiters is... let's say not super conducive to promoting physiological wellness in drum corps in 2015. In the spirit of being civil, that's about as far as I'll publicly go in terms of expressing thoughts on Jupiter tubas. :) Glad the Blue Stars switched, and I can see already on Facebook that the members are thrilled. Big win for the kids.

Edited by BlooooContra

If you can't sound good on Pearl, Yamaha, Dynasty or Mapex percussion, then sorry to inform you that the problem isn't the instruments.

Looking at the caption placements from the past few years; I don't think the switch was because of the percussion section.

Edited by corps8294

Quality and money.

Quality to provide the best product possible to the members.

Money to be able to be able to resell after use and get the highest value to the corps.

Yamaha offers the best for both quality and money to the Blue Stars.

So why did anyone go with Jupiter in the first place? Seems like everyone is ditching them now.

So why did anyone go with Jupiter in the first place? Seems like everyone is ditching them now.

Probably the deals they gave out. I've marched dynasty and Jupiter horns which barely anybody uses now. They were both equally terrible and I think this is a great switch. The drum staff is literally the rep list for Yamaha so it was only a matter of time that they switched.