2016 DCA Shows

Ah! I remember playing joyRIDE two years ago in concert band, a combination of "Ode to Joy" and "Short Ride in a Fast Machine." It would be very interesting to hear it being played by a drum corps!

We're having a blast with it!

Dan

I collected repertoires for my monthly article, this may fill in some that are missing, not all, but some:

Alliance: "Rise and Rise Again"

Atlanta CV: "Rhythmos - Life in Motion" performing "Artistry in Rhythm" by Stan Kenton, "Libertango" by Astor Piazzolla, "Gabriel's Oboe" by Ennio Morricone, "Finding and Believing" by Pat Metheny, and "joyRIDE" by Michael Markowski.

Buccaneers: "ConZENtric - Mind, Body, Soul" performing "Equus" by Eric Whitacre, "Impressions of Japan" by James Barnes, and "Gabriel's Oboe" by Ennio Morricone.

Bushwackers: "Piano Forte" performing "Piano Man" - Billy Jorel, "Angry Young Man" - Billy Joel, "Claire De Moon" A combo of Moonlight Sonata/Claire Delune - Mozart/Debussy, "Chopstix", and "Piano Concerto #1" - Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.

Caballeros: "Red, White, and Black" performing Ernesto Lecuonaâs classic composition âMalaguenaâ, Adeleâs âMillion Years Agoâ, and a modern and dark original piece composed by Andrew Yozviak.

Cadets 2: "First Circle" performing "First Circle", "Third Wind", "Heat of the Day" by Pat Metheny, and "Both Sides Now" by Joni Mitchell.

Chops: "Beacon" performing "Clair de Lune" by Debussy, "Quintile" by Stan Kenton, and "Fix You" by Martin, Buckland, Berryman, and Champion.

Erie Thunderbirds: "Reverie" performing "Jardin Chinois", "Distorted", "Réveil", "Urban", and "Incantation" by Benoit Jutras.

Fusion Core: "UP" performing "Ignition" by Todd Stalter, "Down" from Music Arranger Chris Bernota, Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide", "Asphalt Cocktail" by John Mackey, and "Windsprints" by Richard Saucedo and Hal Leonard.

Hurricanes: "Freedom" performin "Amazing Grace", "Freedom" by Michael W. Smith, "Now We Are Free" by Andrea Bocelli, from Gladiator (Hanz Zimmer/Lisa Gerrard), and "Freedom Triology" by Paul Halley & Theresa Thomason.

Kidsgrove Scouts: "Symmetricity" performing "Symphony No. 5 in C Minor" by Ludwig van Beethoven, "Trilogy" by Emerson, Lake & Palmer, "Reflections of Rhythm" by T. Smith & J. Moore (Including excerpts from "The Heat of the Day" by Pat Metheny), and "Liturgical Dances" by David Holsinger.

Kilties: "Gael Storm" performing "The Gael" by Dougie MacLean, "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers, "Over the Rainbow" by Harold Arlen, and "The Skye Boat Song" from the TV series "Outlander".

Minnesota Brass: "Now Boarding" performing David Holsinger's "To Tame the Perilous Skies", Julie Giroux's "Speed of Heat", Jimmy Van Heusen and Sammy Cannas "Come Fly with Me", Michael Giacchino's "Married Life" (from the movie "Up"), and Antonio Carlos Jobim, "Girl from Ipanema".

Skyliners: "Corner of the SKY" performing "Corner of the Sky" by the Jackson 5, "Skywriter", "Mr. Blue Sky" by Electric Light Orchestra, "Out of the Blue", "Goodbye Blue Skies" from Pink Floyd, "Lean On" by Major Lazer and "Storm", part of Antonio Vivaldi's "Four Seasons", followed by Natalie Cole's "Orange Colored Sky", closer is a reprises of "Corner of the Sky".

Sunrisers: "House of Cards" performing the Alan Parsons Project "May Be a Price to Pay", Charles Young's "Tempered Steel", "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" by Jule Styne, Moulin Rouge's "Sparkling Diamonds", Christina Perri's "Jar of Hearts", David Holsinger's "In the Spring, When Kings Go Off to War".

White Sabers: "Unrequited""performing "Moonlight Sonata" by Ludwig van Beethoven, "Romeo and Juliet" by Pyotr Tchaikovsky, "Dance of the Knights" from Romeo and Juliet by Sergei Prokofiev, "March to the Scaffold" from Symphony Fantastique by Hector Berlioz, "First Movement" from Symphony No. 4 by Pyotr Tchaikovsky, "Allegretto" from Symphony No. 7 by Ludwig van Beethoven, "My Immortal" by Evanescence, and a reprise of "Romeo and Juliet" by Pyotr Tchaikovsky.

Here are the production titles and music for some of the Alumni Corps:

Bridgemen Alumni: performing "Pagliacci, "Land of Make Believe, "My Favorite Things" (from The Sound of Music), "William Tell Overture", and "In the Stone".

Mon Valley Express: "Invincible" performing an original composition by Jay Dawson

Steel City Alumni: "35" performing "Here's That Rainy Day", "How High the Moon", "Blue Bossa", "Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor", and "National Emblem Swing".

Edited by Bill_VA
  • Like 1

I got nearly all of my performance info from the corps directly. I had hoped to get all the shows but was still waiting for Alliance, Cincinnati Traditions, Excelsior, and Carolina Gold.

Edited by Bill_VA

2016 Cincinnati Tradition

INVICTUS

"Honor" Main Title from "The Pacific"
"New Frontier"
"Fairest Lord Jesus/Honor"

• Like 2

I collected repertoires for my monthly article, this may fill in some that are missing, not all, but some:

Erie Thunderbirds: "Reverie" performing "Jardin Chinois", "Distorted", "Réveil", "Urban", and "Incantation" by Benoit Jutras.

Music from the Cirque du Soleil shows "La Nouba" and "Quidam",...........

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2016 Cincinnati Tradition

INVICTUS

"Honor" Main Title from "The Pacific"

"New Frontier"

"Fairest Lord Jesus/Honor"

Thanks tom!