What is drum corps tour like?

I'm auditioning on trumpet next year and I was wondering what tour is like. Specifically, are boys and girls separated the whole time? What are buses like (who do you sit with and where do you sleep etc)? Is it one of those things where it's brutal while you're doing it but good memories afterward, or is it a really great experience while you're there?

I'm auditioning on trumpet next year and I was wondering what tour is like. Specifically, are boys and girls separated the whole time? What are buses like (who do you sit with and where do you sleep etc)? Is it one of those things where it's brutal while you're doing it but good memories afterward, or is it a really great experience while you're there?

Here is one of the busses from an unnamed WC corps on tour this past summer...

a.aaa_.jpg

And here is a sampling of the food you will receive on tour...

Weirdfoodinbeijing2.jpg

BugsinBeijing1.jpg

Have a GREAT summer!

:tounge2:

• Like 2

Cadets have posted a parents Q&A on their website which answers many of your questions. It is also posted on the DCP Cadets 2016 thread, page 41, post 405.

Each corps is different.

The days of the Pembroke Imperials travelling with sex-separated busses is no longer the usual norm, but housing situations do vary. Madison and Cavies don't worry about this question.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

not separate

you will choose a seat partner for the bus

you will sleep in your bus seat, on the bus floor, or on the gym floor

parts of tour (and spring training / move-ins) are indeed brutal. Day 9 in a row of 12 hour rehearsal days is not fun. 2 hours into a rehearsal block where it is 100 degrees and 100% humidity is not fun. But stepping on the field and seeing all those people in the stands that came to see you... is very rewarding. Watching your fellow members give their best day in and day out, even when the conditions are less than ideal, is inspiring and will teach you about what can be accomplished when everyone is "all in"... and you can apply this lesson, and many others, to many aspects of your life.

• Like 5