What to bring to camp/auditions?

MikeN

My kid takes sleeping stuff, athletic clothes, section appropriate stuff, and shower stuffs. I swear he doesn't use the showers for camps judging by the way he smells when I pick him up.

lol!!

Thanks for everyone's advice! My daughter did very well in her first experience to drum corps, and got to play Ave Maria with almost 200 brass, so she's on Cloud Nine! She's motivated and prepared to start working for next year's "for real" audition. Many thanks to Genesis and especially Chris Magonogal for letting a junior high kiddo experience drum corps firsthand! They've created a supportive and professional atmosphere that the kids definitely responded to.

(I also volunteered all weekend with the cook crew. Wow. Need a separate post to talk about it. Still trying to get my legs to move again...)

Mike

Oh yeah - the main lesson to take away - drum corps is fun! We get caught up in the placements and the trends, but honestly, these kids are friggin rock stars and they push themselves harder than anyone outside could push em. That is all.

Mike

• Like 1

Thanks for everyone's advice! My daughter did very well in her first experience to drum corps, and got to play Ave Maria with almost 200 brass, so she's on Cloud Nine! She's motivated and prepared to start working for next year's "for real" audition. Many thanks to Genesis and especially Chris Magonogal for letting a junior high kiddo experience drum corps firsthand! They've created a supportive and professional atmosphere that the kids definitely responded to.

(I also volunteered all weekend with the cook crew. Wow. Need a separate post to talk about it. Still trying to get my legs to move again...)

Mike

Oh yeah - the main lesson to take away - drum corps is fun! We get caught up in the placements and the trends, but honestly, these kids are friggin rock stars and they push themselves harder than anyone outside could push em. That is all.

Mike

Genesis is coming to Dublin for the first time this year and I've had reason to look up this, until now, unknown to me director, Chris Magonigal.

Seems like a gentlemen who likely has many supporters around who are living vicariously through him. Takes some kahunas, it seems to me, and I'll be particularly interested in talking with him about our plans for Dublin.

Mike's experience with Chris tells me he's exactly the right kind of guy to embrace a new concept.

Glad to hear her experience was fun, Mike, and you'll have a ball watching her thrive in the excitement of it all.

Edited by garfield