Colts 2016

Saw them in Michigan City last night. GREAT sound. Hornline MUCH improved. Show is solid. No narration. VERY nice!

• Like 2

Good corps with a good show, the light boxes are a liability. They are not very effective and could have been built better...they need to redo them

They seem ahead of where they normally are this time of year, lots of drill dirt to clean but its well written

Good corps with a good show, the light boxes are a liability. They are not very effective and could have been built better...they need to redo them

They seem ahead of where they normally are this time of year, lots of drill dirt to clean but its well written

I 100% agree, I think they've spent a lot of effort trying to make the boxes work. I think they'll drop them if they don't improve soon.

Those boxes just don't add to the show. I agree that they either need to be used more or taken out. It is just unappealing to the eyes when so much space is being taken for so little.

Saw the video. I am a Spirit fan and want them to be in finals Preferable with Bones. I just don't see that their show can do it this year.

Forgive me for not being supersized that a Crossmen parent and Spirit supporter doesn't think that the Colts have what it takes to get into finals...

Those boxes just don't add to the show. I agree that they either need to be used more or taken out. It is just unappealing to the eyes when so much space is being taken for so little.

There is much more coming regarding the use of the boxes. But...there are many other corps that have a field full of large props, taking up a large amount of space. Boston, for instance. Or Cavaliers. Or the Blue Devils, who in the past have had a field packed with large props. The double standard that exists with the "top tier" corps is extremely frustrating.

• Like 1

There is much more coming regarding the use of the boxes. But...there are many other corps that have a field full of large props, taking up a large amount of space. Boston, for instance. Or Cavaliers. Or the Blue Devils, who in the past have had a field packed with large props. The double standard that exists with the "top tier" corps is extremely frustrating.

And I also did not like those ;)

If they actually get used I will be fine. That is why I said "I agree that they either need to be used more or taken out."

I marched in the Colts... Why would I ever have a double standard against them???

Time to take a chill pill there Mama

I think its less of a how much space and more of a how much space when they are being used so little. I haven't seen the colts show, so I'll just talk about the other corps usage. Cavies are using their boxes a ton, with members giving speeches from them, being rolled around on them, and being focal points for their drill. Bluecoats are using their ramp slide things for motion, to highlight small ensembles, and to give a second elevation to work with. Honestly, Blue devils probs are really underutilized, and I expect much more from them in the future, but right now they are just taking up space. I'm looking forward to seeing the colts though soon!

There isnt a double standard. While I haven't seen the show yet besides a periscope from the endzone I do know that BD for sure uses the props throughout the show. If you put something on the field it needs to be used often. I have learned that the hard way with indoor. If it is there taking up space the judge will say why is it there and why aren't they using it? From the sounds of it they aren't being used to the full extent and people see them as a distraction. Time will tell.
  • Like 1

There isnt a double standard. While I haven't seen the show yet besides a periscope from the endzone I do know that BD for sure uses the props throughout the show. If you put something on the field it needs to be used often. I have learned that the hard way with indoor. If it is there taking up space the judge will say why is it there and why aren't they using it? From the sounds of it they aren't being used to the full extent and people see them as a distraction. Time will tell.

Exactly. If the Bluecoats just put slides on the field and moved them around everyone would be all over them until they change it as well.