Hard Corps reality show topics - make your pitch!

How about:

• That one guy/gal that gets on everyone's nerves. The troublemaker. This is definitely a stock reality show archetype. Will we see it in play?

Some of these make me laugh. I wish this wasn't so associated with reality TV as much as a documentary to show what actually happens. There is really no controversy suitable for reality TV. Why does one have to exist or be fabricated? Why can't this exist on it's own merits? The world is scary enough besides having to produce something that does not exist.

• Like 1

Yes, it would be quite the twist if neither corps finishes in first place.

Ahhhhh....the potential for actual "reality" within the often scripted scope of "reality TV?" What a simply superb opportunity for a group of young adults to show that they are so often more mature than their elder counterparts in the genre. I'll bet that the overriding message coming from all of this will make all within the activity prouder than they've ever been before. Just my couple of euros...

Maybe they could do a reality TV story where one of the legal-aged corps members ends up in a bar on a free day with one of the legal-aged guard members and a romance blossoms. Instead of the white uniform in the attached video, imagine a cream, burgundy and gold uniform.

https://youtu.be/5WXVaChA3Q0

Edited by Fish

Some of these make me laugh. I wish this wasn't so associated with reality TV as much as a documentary to show what actually happens. There is really no controversy suitable for reality TV. Why does one have to exist or be fabricated? Why can't this exist on it's own merits? The world is scary enough besides having to produce something that does not exist.

I think you're much closer than you might think to what we actually end up seeing on the screen.

I wonder if the CBS story on BD's young snare drummer last summer helped sell this idea.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Maybe these two corps are strong enough to not allow anything the production crew tries to do to cause problems. Their goal each year, no matter what their PR and "mission" is, is to win DCI. I imagine the staff/mgmt. will stop anything that might hurt the corps attempt to reach their goal.