Hard Corps reality show topics - make your pitch!

I think you're much closer than you might think to what we actually end up seeing on the screen.

Here is a long list of shows that 44 Blue has worked on. ---> Wikepedia

Quite the range. So there is certainly hope that it leans more to docuseries rather than "reality TV."

Wow, I had no idea it was that short nowadays. I remember a figure of eight minutes of commercials per half-hour show being used when I was a kid (in the late 1980s), and haven't bothered to check that figure since.

You know what, you're right; I think it is closer to 20 minutes than 14, depending on the show

Dunno what I was thinking...

* how much, if any, creative control with BD & Cadets have with producers on what goes on air? Will producers be understanding if something happens that might seemingly embarrass the organization/members & not air if Hop or Gibbs plead their case, or will producers look for that kind of thing?

If they are even allowed much say-so, who has the time to take up the task, filter, meet and have those discussions with production? Ever try and get some dedicated time from a corps admin staff during summer tour? Good luck.

Do you think the crew will Change Horses in the Middle of the Stream ($1 to Tower of Power) when CC or BC dominate all season?

• Like 1

44 Blue has a thing about Prisons....

Trying to match that up with a bunch of young people being told what to do all day and cooped up in buses and housing facilities.

"Parolees and Pitbulls" (only one I heard of) to "????? and Pit Equipment"?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

And at what point does all that restaging and reshooting start to cut down the corps' rehearsal time?

the trick (probably the same approach they used for deadliest catch) is to film lots, from three different positions, and then cut and paste so they don't interfere with the job going on while filming.

If they are even allowed much say-so, who has the time to take up the task, filter, meet and have those discussions with production? Ever try and get some dedicated time from a corps admin staff during summer tour? Good luck.

tv editors have about 4 days to get all their editing done for the next weeks show. directors have a few days to create their "cut", and the producer has a day or two to get their "cut". which means the editor makes the piece for tv time, the other two watch it and give notes, the producer then redoes what they need to, and it then goes to networks.

Oh yeah, for sure! On the flip side, I would think it would be very difficult for one of those corps to give up control go and let their organization be shown to the general public via TV producers & editors. Think about how often you've heard, say, "Survivor" contestants talking about (complaining) how much the episodes are edited to paint them as a very specific archetype. If producers think a certain bando stereotype will be popular, why wouldn't they want to cater to the mainstream: producer's job is to get viewers. Corps directors would likely not want anything negative that would give their organization (and the activity) a poor perception: their job would be to keep their organization's image good.

Tricky line to balance

Man if they had reality TV BITD with the language and "bus songs" we probably would not have corps today. Or at least my parents would have kept me away.

Wonder how much control corps management has in what would NOT be shown...... Worse I can think of now is the mind numbing all dayers with drill.

You know what, you're right; I think it is closer to 20 minutes than 14, depending on the show

Dunno what I was thinking...

Actually, it looks like you were right in the first place, although, as you note here it depends on the show.