Hard Corps reality show topics - make your pitch!

My son submitted his resume for this. I sure hope it is a documentary more than a "reality" show.

BD has a very big deal to celebrate as it is the 40th anniversary of the first title and they have yet to achieve a 3 peat.

My son submitted his resume for this. I sure hope it is a documentary more than a "reality" show.

BD has a very big deal to celebrate as it is the 40th anniversary of the first title and they have yet to achieve a 3 peat.

BD will be undefeated all season then Cadets sneak past them on finals night by one tenth

I read the script. Quite exciting.

• Like 4

Fuse was rebranded / relaunched a few months ago. They no longer consider themselves a music channel.

Wow I didn't realize this. Still hoping (perhaps in vain) that they squeeze some performance time into each episode.

Worse yet, what if neither finishes in the top 2 or three? What does that do to the direction of the series?

There was a new reality show on the NFL Network this Fall called "Football Town", chronicling a high school football team's season in Barrow, Alaska (located above the Artic Circle, and the northernmost city in the U.S.). I thought it was fascinating learning about life WAY up there, and for example, viewing preseason practices the beginning of August, when it was about 19 degrees F outside on a "balmy" Summer day, with the Arctic Ocean and its waves whipping up right next to their field during practice.

SPOILER ALERT: the show kept getting more dramatic with the team starting off looking like the season would be lost, then eventually qualifying for the state playoffs, and advancing to the state semifinal game where they got knocked out.

I personally found the show more compelling that they didn't win the state championship, being able to watch the coaching staff and players' reactions to adversity and how they handled it.

I would love to watch a show that presents the reactions of the DCI championship corps (members and staff) and also the 2nd place corps' reactions, comparing and contrasting the two. I probably would find the 2nd place reactions more compelling viewing just like I did with "Football Town". I hope the NFL Network brings back the show next year, doing another season in Barrow or even somewhere else just as interesting.

Reply to Quad Aces: "I probably would find the 2nd place reactions more compelling viewing just I did with 'Football Town.'"

For DCI finals 2014, you would have had a hard time distinguishing between the two. One of the greatest moments in DCI Championship occurred with the embracing of the Blue Devils and Bluecoats on their joint congratulations. Both were winners that night.

• Like 1

There was a new reality show on the NFL Network this Fall called "Football Town", chronicling a high school football team's season in Barrow, Alaska (located above the Artic Circle, and the northernmost city in the U.S.). I thought it was fascinating learning about life WAY up there, and for example, viewing preseason practices the beginning of August, when it was about 19 degrees F outside on a "balmy" Summer day, with the Arctic Ocean and its waves whipping up right next to their field during practice.

SPOILER ALERT: the show kept getting more dramatic with the team starting off looking like the season would be lost, then eventually qualifying for the state playoffs, and advancing to the state semifinal game where they got knocked out.

I personally found the show more compelling that they didn't win the state championship, being able to watch the coaching staff and players' reactions to adversity and how they handled it.

I would love to watch a show that presents the reactions of the DCI championship corps (members and staff) and also the 2nd place corps' reactions, comparing and contrasting the two. I probably would find the 2nd place reactions more compelling viewing just like I did with "Football Town". I hope the NFL Network brings back the show next year, doing another season in Barrow or even somewhere else just as interesting.

Yeah, anyone who has marched drum corps knows there is so much more to a season than scores and placements. Editors and producers can find the storylines and interesting drama outside of placements, so I suspect it won't matter if neither Cadets or BD win.

Besides, in the last 10 seasons BD has only placed below 2nd, once (in 2006 when they were 3rd), and the three times they were second in that 10 season span (meaning they've won SIX times in that 10 season span), they:

* 2008 - .025 behind Phantom

* 2011 - less than .5 behind Cadets

* 2013 - .25 behind Crown

It seems more than plausible that Blue Devils will be contending for a Championship in 2016 again. We'll see what Cadets do this year, though they seem poised to also contend if they can get their design awesome & get their vis. great

• Like 1

Yeah, anyone who has marched drum corps knows there is so much more to a season than scores and placements. Editors and producers can find the storylines and interesting drama outside of placements, so I suspect it won't matter if neither Cadets or BD win.

Besides, in the last 10 seasons BD has only placed below 2nd, once (in 2006 when they were 3rd), and the three times they were second in that 10 season span (meaning they've won SIX times in that 10 season span), they:

* 2008 - .025 behind Phantom

* 2011 - less than .5 behind Cadets

* 2013 - .25 behind Crown

It seems more than plausible that Blue Devils will be contending for a Championship in 2016 again. We'll see what Cadets do this year, though they seem poised to also contend if they can get their design awesome & get their vis. great

great post & AGREE. I suspect the show succeeding and/or failing will have zero to do with the competitive outcome

i suspect competitive outcome may have more diehards tune in just to see the behind the scenes

• Like 2

Eh if the Finals outcome isn't good for drama they can just cut the show before scores are read to leave everyone (except DCI fans) in suspense....