2016 DCI Live!

to be fair, it does say that additional shows might be added as time goes on.

same price as last year with finals included, so I'm in, plus they say more shows to be added. if perks like dvr, fan network and stuff come about they'll let us know, but i have to give them props for not making everyone wait til 3 days before.

and hey...the $$ now could help clear up any licensing issues holding us back from more perks to come.

• Like 1

Details here.

June 25: Stanford, CA

July 1: Muncie, IN

July 9: Denver, CO

July 16: Minneapolis, MN

July 18: Warrensburg, MO

July 21: Belton, TX

July 21: Denton, TX

July 23: San Antonio, TX

July 29: Nashville, TN

July 30: Atlanta, GA

August 5: Allentown, PA

August 6: Allentown, PA

August 11: World Championship Prelims (NOTE: Prelims webcast will not include top 15 corps performances that will be broadcast live in movie theaters.)

August 12: World Championship Semifinals

August 13: World Championship Finals

2016 DCI Live! Season Pass Bundle - $99.95

Ouch! 2 of the top 4 aren't even scheduled until 7/18?? Hopefully they will add another early contest.

Ouch! 2 of the top 4 aren't even scheduled until 7/18?? Hopefully they will add another early contest.

Oh those 2 at the DCI Premier event - which I guess will be in theaters.. that helps!

I've received a reply to a query about making it possible to time-shift the shows, so that those of us living outside the US, or those with unconventional work schedules, can participate. The answer is below. This is extremely distressing. I've been a huge DCI fan, but the organization is making it very difficult to remain so. I truly can't think of another institution that gives so little effort to support the needs of its fan base. Since so many other activities with copyrighted material manage to allow delayed viewing, it seems clear to me that there are answers to this problem, if they had the incentives or desire to pursue them.

Here's the reply: "As we work through some of our licensing procedures, we must be diligent about staying within the law when it comes to the content that we produce and distribute. We will not have a time-delay feature on our DCI-Live subscription offerings. We make an attempt to leave the shows up for as long as we can but for the most part, once the show is done, we have to take down the video."

I've received a reply to a query about making it possible to time-shift the shows, so that those of us living outside the US, or those with unconventional work schedules, can participate. The answer is below. This is extremely distressing. I've been a huge DCI fan, but the organization is making it very difficult to remain so. I truly can't think of another institution that gives so little effort to support the needs of its fan base. Since so many other activities with copyrighted material manage to allow delayed viewing, it seems clear to me that there are answers to this problem, if they had the incentives or desire to pursue them.

Here's the reply: "As we work through some of our licensing procedures, we must be diligent about staying within the law when it comes to the content that we produce and distribute. We will not have a time-delay feature on our DCI-Live subscription offerings. We make an attempt to leave the shows up for as long as we can but for the most part, once the show is done, we have to take down the video."

Every hint we've had indicates that it's not that DCI isn't putting in the effort, it's that Tresona is telling DCI, "We can't get you the rights to do that."

Similarly, BoA had live streams this fall, but nothing available later.

Maybe DCI could change things, but I'm guessing that the cost would go up dramatically. How many people here are willign to pay, say, $200 rather than $100 for this service?

Edited by N.E. Brigand

No, but you can record the stream yourself. I did just that several times last year.

• Like 1

No thanks. It's 2016. I watch what I watch on my terms & if I cant watch when I want to watch, I'm not interested. This situation wouldn't even exist if not for lousy DCI management & leadership that is behind the times.

• Like 1

No thanks. It's 2016. I watch what I watch on my terms & if I cant watch when I want to watch, I'm not interested. This situation wouldn't even exist if not for lousy DCI management & leadership that is behind the times.

actually it is due to copyright law - which is "behind the times"

• Like 1

dude you truly have no clue as to the licensing issues facing the entire activity right now do you?

• Like 5