2016 Open Class Schedule Notables

Some really neat stuff I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned since I've been on here last:

Expanding Their Schedule:

Columbians - Scored REALLY well early on last year, traded some subcaptions with OC and Cascades if I remember right. Ending their tour this year a week or so later in Denver! Pretty neat, they have a bright future. Being smart about it too.

Gold - Making the travel out to Denver as well, they usually stick in Cali until late July/Early August.

Golden Empire - Same as Gold, making the trip out to Denver as well.

Heat Wave - Pretty expanded regional schedule at 7 shows in the southeast, culminating in Atlanta again. Lots of shows!

River City Rhythm - More shows this year, coming back to Championships, great group.

Southwind - More shows in their southeast regional tour like Heat Wave, nice to see this name back.

First Time At Championships!

Guardians - Making their first trip out to Championships! Making strides every year for sure.

Louisiana Stars - This is the one I've been waiting for, definitely my favorite of the new kids on the block, they were fantastic last year. Should do really well!

• Like 2

Also expanded tours for both Legends and Genesis.

Genesis has more shows than a few of the World Class corps.

Reviewing the Open Class DCI tour and it looks like BDB & SCVC will be at the majority of the same shows together. Usually they travel together in CA and split until Michigan City... I like when they take a break from each other and come back and duke it out. Makes it a little more exciting since they have been the top 2 these past few years. BUT Genesis has been gaining stride these past 2 years.

• Like 1