If you could create a drum corp for fun...

You can do ALL of this in DCP's fantasy drum corps game!

New season begins January 15th, 2016.

For more information, check the Fantasy forum on this site, or visit http://www.drumcorpsfantasy.com

• Like 1

E: Director. I will not show my face or reveal my name to the corps. Everything about me will be a mystery. Everyone once and a while I will write disgustingly vulgar notes and give them to the techs to read out loud to the kids that day at rehearsal. Anyone who figures out my identity will be killed and buried under Lucas Oil.

Kind of a no-man-sees-my-face and-lives vibe, eh?

Peace, holiday regards to all...

A. What would you name it? The Best Marching Band on Earth

B. What logo would you assign it? a piccolo

C. What style of music would you have it play (classical or jazz)? avant-garde sans brass

D. All male corps or male and female? Yes

E. Would you be the brass tech, visual arranger, executive director...etc.? I would be the benevolent supreme dictator

F. Where would your corp be located? California

G. Other? I can feel your anger

Edited by Lance
  • Like 1

Just for fun, if you could create a world-class drum corp...

A. What would you name it? Ortho Ostinato

B. What logo would you assign it? A foot

C. What style of music would you have it play (classical or jazz)? Show themes about DC super villains

D. All male corps or male and female? Mixed

E. Would you be the brass tech, visual arranger, executive director...etc.? Drill designer....dunno

F. Where would your corp be located? Narnia

G. Other

this being the div1 forum; the answer-->I wouldn't, because as much as I love corps and everything about it, I don't think bringing a new div 1 corps to the table would be fun at all.

unless...funds were unlimited; I could roll back to the old-school style of comping corps fees to attract/poach talent. same for being a director...most of the work involved "figuring out how to get enough money to get to the next show," ...and that was in the 90s (when I started driving gas was 83 cent a gallon). To move the entire fleet from..say... California to Utah (the 1st big haul) I'd need funding I can't even comprehend.

It WOULD be based in either SoCal or Sac - cuz both those places could use/deserve a div 1 corps that they can be proud of....no corps have been able to come close to filling the void left by The Freelancers and VK.

1)' would name them " The Trumpettes "

2) the Corps logo would be a 2 brass iron balls. ( or alternatively... a megaphone). The Corps slogan would be" Make the Trumpettes Great Again ! "

3) The music played would be primarily Punk....( but only American Punk, naturally ).

4) The Corps membership make up would not discriminate on Gender, Race, etc.... ....just on Religion.

5) I would be the Corps Narration Coordinator. All speeches would need to be approved by me and me alone.

6) The Corps HQ would be based in Tall Towers that would change Cities every few years.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1