Jersey Surf 2016

• 2 months later...

Have they released any info about their uniforms yet? Are they going with the traditional look from 2014 (see below) or something new?

8d0f1b8329404b0af98fcd0a11d10bdd.jpg

I recently saw a video of them performing music in uniform. It looks like they'll be back in that uniform (maybe a modification of it?).

I recently saw a video of them performing music in uniform. It looks like they'll be back in that uniform (maybe a modification of it?).

That was from the annual We the People Memorial Day Flag Dedication. In recent history, the corps has worn the dress uniform for this (out of respect for the Veterans) and then sees the show costumes after and wears them at spring training

• 2 weeks later...

So pictures are up from last night's uniform run through, the corps is wearing the traditional looking uniform with thematic touches on the gauntlets and shakes! Best of luck tonight in Allentown Surf!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am really proud of the corps this year. I hope they have a great performance at the Alamodome tomorrow, and continue to grow!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

People have asked why Surf is not "fun" anymore. Supposedly it is because they are deliberately going for a hard core, old school East Coast concept - no props, few electronics, no gimics. Last year was a throw back to "fun" style because of the 25th anniversary, but this is the goal going forward. It's nice that someone is keeping the old DCI style alive, even if it is not as popular or high scoring. Hopefully they can start to keep their talent around as they mature and improve.

• Like 2