I'm not one to be blown away by trailer music, but the last Star Wars TFA Trailer has been blowing my mind. With BD doing a Star Wars Duel of the Fates back 1999, why not this one. Perhaps Crown or BD could play an arrangement in the lot. I think I might arrange this myself, anyways

Could you see these or other corps playing an arrangement of the this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCN9K_a-MpE

Edited by Jeffe77
  • Like 2

I could see Phantom doing this. Their uniforms could be used very effectively. Guard dressed like rebels?

Not as hard anymore with Disney, Williams can be tough for some things.

As for in the lot, I'm not sure how many corps get clearance for what they use.

In the lot I don't see why not, though for TOC licensing will be an issue.

Jeebus, I don't know about any of the rest of you, but this thing just kicks my A**.

Visualizing the pit's technique as they *pling* those opening notes. Feeling the thunderous bass drums on the sidelines to open that incredible, strong, historical theme with a low brass bone-rattling. Feeling the air continuously sucked out of the room as it ends on the off-pulse...beat....three....... AAAACCCKKIK!!!!!

Gasp for breath... OMG, what an incredibly strong piece of music.

I can only hope that the corps that gets to license this brilliance will do it justice. I originally thought Phantom could only do it justice, then I heard Crown's sustain brilliance with perfect pitch and tone dragging the last ounce of oxygen out of the room...

Then, gasp, I began to think. To tip the hat back to Williams in appreciation of letting a drum corps do an epic show in honor of his epic music in this career-making movie legacy, who would be best in the position to do the music justice?

Blue Devils.

• Like 1

I'm not one to be blown away by trailer music, but the last Star Wars TFA Trailer has been blowing my mind. With BD doing a Star Wars Duel of the Fates back 1999, why not this one. Perhaps Crown or BD could play an arrangement in the lot. I think I might arrange this myself, anyways

Could you see these or other corps playing an arrangement of the this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooncd-c519A

I don't like this.

I LOVE this.

What an epic, pinnacle capper to an illustrious career of composing. Williams hit the cover off the ball, and killed any suspicion that he might not be up to the task, IMO.

I'd be willing to bet that critical acclaim agrees with me. This is among his best scores, ever.

I CAN'T WAIT to see who can get permission to do this.

Oh, and yes, you can be sure, someone will. Who can pony up to the bar and do the show justice on hot, summer nights?

Edited by garfield

OMG, I can't stop listening to this. The kids are watching Four as we eat dinner tonight, my youngest has never seen any of Star Wars. Our goal is to see it while they are on Christmas break.

I'm becoming convinced that this is going to the one of those "Where were you when..." type of events.

The power and majesty of the music... Saving the universe-type of power. Williams is brilliant at the theme.

• Like 1