To be fair, I believe John Williams did not arrange the trailer music. Check out this article

As you can see, I and others are not the only ones geeking out on this piece music arrangement.

To be fair, I believe John Williams did not arrange the trailer music. Check out this article

As you can see, I and others are not the only ones geeking out on this piece music arrangement.

The article clearly states the John Williams arranged the trailer music.

i don't think williams orchestrates much of his music at all. he has people for that.

I went to a film composer gathering in L.A., Goldsmith and others were there. This was confirmed by the panel that others orchestrate the music for Williams. JW just comes up with motifs or a four part score.

didn't a corps also do anakin's theme back in 2000 or so? was that bd? i can't remember.

Blue Devils 1999

The article clearly states the John Williams arranged the trailer music.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-trailer-music/

"However, we do know some of the people involved: Frederick Lloyd says he has contributed music to the latter half of the trailer, namely the “Force Theme,” while John Samuel Hanson of Confidential Music worked on the first half of the trailer music. Trailer editors Josh Dunn and Brent Rockswold helped complete the edit of the trailer you see before you. But we’ve heard there are others involved with both the edit and the music."

Blue Devils 1999

Thanks, yeah, it came back to me now.

I remember wishing they had done the whole Anakin theme. The way it bounces back and forth between major and minor chords (with the imperial theme in there) and then ends on ambiguous octaves makes that piece of music pretty marvelous.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeebus, I don't know about any of the rest of you, but this thing just kicks my A**.

Visualizing the pit's technique as they *pling* those opening notes. Feeling the thunderous bass drums on the sidelines to open that incredible, strong, historical theme with a low brass bone-rattling. Feeling the air continuously sucked out of the room as it ends on the off-pulse...beat....three....... AAAACCCKKIK!!!!!

Gasp for breath... OMG, what an incredibly strong piece of music.

I can only hope that the corps that gets to license this brilliance will do it justice. I originally thought Phantom could only do it justice, then I heard Crown's sustain brilliance with perfect pitch and tone dragging the last ounce of oxygen out of the room...

Then, gasp, I began to think. To tip the hat back to Williams in appreciation of letting a drum corps do an epic show in honor of his epic music in this career-making movie legacy, who would be best in the position to do the music justice?

Blue Devils.

Abso-frigging-lutely.

Oh...and with the BD "space chords" somehow thrown in for good measure?

Edited by HornTeacher