Tanglewood Brass Spetacular

There were some first timers. A man sitting near me had his grandson who was entering 6th grade and played trumpet. Needless to say the kid wants to march drum corps after seeing that show and Grandpa purchased every Blue Devil Boston Crusader souvenir available.

Not quite half way through the Blue Devil's performance last year, an older couple sitting in front of Horn Teacher and I got up and left. Hopefully they enjoyed the rest of the night further back in the shed or out on the grass.

Not quite half way through the Blue Devil's performance last year, an older couple sitting in front of Horn Teacher and I got up and left. Hopefully they enjoyed the rest of the night further back in the shed or out on the grass.

Maybe their rest home had a curfew, Ghost.

Maybe their rest home had a curfew, Ghost.

Before 9PM? Nawww, The BD are loud outdoors never mind being in the K Shed. (There was no way I was going to join the 100+ folks inside their warm up circle.) Their body language gave me the impression it was too loud, which it was even with my ear plugs in, and maybe they wanted more of the Pops brass.

Before 9PM? Nawww, The BD are loud outdoors never mind being in the K Shed. (There was no way I was going to join the 100+ folks inside their warm up circle.) Their body language gave me the impression it was too loud, which it was even with my ear plugs in, and maybe they wanted more of the Pops brass.

Ghost,

Don't disagree with Brasso.

He's a dino who speaks from great experience. :-p

Ghost,

Don't disagree with Brasso.

He's a dino who speaks from great experience. :-p

dam straight... I took my young protege, Dos Equis, and taught him everything he knows to later become The Most Interesting Man in The World. Most people think it was easy to teach Dos how to become a big hit with all the attractive girls, but it wasn't.

dam straight... I took my young protege, Dos Equis, and taught him everything he knows to later become The Most Interesting Man in The World. Most people think it was easy to teach Dos how to become a big hit with all the attractive girls, but it wasn't.

And I'm quite sure that you were the one solely responsible for convincing him to change his name and locale from Irving Schinkelhoffer (from Hoboken, New Jersey) to the far more fashionable (not to mention marketable) Dos Equis (from the Principality of Monaco).

Just got off the phone ordering tickets for this concert. We're only about an hour away from Tanglewood, so going there is a breeze.

In case anyone cares, James Taylor will be there the week before.

I swore I would never attend another DCI MARCHING BAND (only MY opinion) show, so I get to hear the music in a real classy environment.

BE WELL

And I'm quite sure that you were the one solely responsible for convincing him to change his name and locale from Irving Schinkelhoffer (from Hoboken, New Jersey) to the far more fashionable (not to mention marketable) Dos Equis (from the Principality of Monaco).

Yes. I insisted that he change his name from Irving Schinkelhoffer to Dos Equis and to take up heavy drinking,... as educated, young, good looking women are attracted to old geezer men that drink a lot at after hours bars.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Just got off the phone ordering tickets for this concert. We're only about an hour away from Tanglewood, so going there is a breeze.

In case anyone cares, James Taylor will be there the week 2 days before.

I swore I would never attend another DCI MARCHING BAND (only MY opinion) show, so I get to hear the music in a real classy environment.

BE WELL

Fixed that for you. :)

• 2 months later...

I KNOW there's a marketplace site...but thought here would be more applicable to the event.

Looking forward to tomorrow night. Won't be the same without Ghost along. But oh, well...

In case anyone is reading at the last minute, I again have an extra ticket available. Speak now if interested...or forever hold whatever it is you wish to hold. And please do so outside of my presence.