Best Guard Uniforms

So it is the off season, and I don't post much unless it is the season. I know a lot is happening with rules congresses and all that, and The Cadets are transparent this time of year, ( I like the basic concept, BTW), but still ... show me the final programs, and I will comment (or not).

So I was watching Cadets '92, "To Tame the Perilous Skies" and I was thinking, " those are perfect guard unis. They are unisex and perfect for the theme. There are some guard unis that I love and others I think, "not so much." This last year, for example, I really liked Bluecoats and Blue Knights. Santa Clara almost always have a hit (but they have more money than God). So I was wondering, what guard unis have made an impression on you?

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

So it is the off season, and I don't post much unless it is the season. I know a lot is happening with rules congresses and all that, and The Cadets are transparent this time of year, ( I like the basic concept, BTW), but still ... show me the final programs, and I will comment (or not).

So I was watching Cadets '92, "To Tame the Perilous Skies" and I was thinking, " those are perfect guard unis. They are unisex and perfect for the theme. There are some guard unis that I love and others I think, "not so much." This last year, for example, I really liked Bluecoats and Blue Knights. Santa Clara almost always have a hit (but they have more money than God). So I was wondering, what guard unis have made an impression on you?

27th Lancers.

I'm a sucker for stern looking women in Brittish Palace Guard military getup, black boots, and carrying a weapon. What a turnon.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

27th Lancers.

I'm a sucker for stern looking women in Brittish Palace Guard military getup, black boots, and carrying a weapon. What a turnon.

And they were as intimidating as hell. If you ever saw them up close and personal as I had the privilege to do, you would know that they had the look of assassins on the field. Off the field, they were pretty nice. Still, I dated one of the keyboard players, just to be safe. Edited by Jurassic Lancer

And they were as intimidating as hell. If you ever saw them up close and personal as I had the privilege to do, you would know that they had the look of assassins on the field. Off the field, they were pretty nice. Still, I dated one of the keyboard players, just to be safe.

😂

My personal fandom is bleeding into this one...

Over the past couple of years I'd have to go with Bluecoats in 2014 and Crown in 2015.

Bluecoats 2014- coming off the "no uniform costume" of "To Look For America", the orange uni's in '14 were a terrific color splash for the Tilt show. The orange truly popped and brought another dimension to this storied show.

Crown 2015 - In addition to featuring the best guard of the year (official award notwithstanding), Crown's guard uniforms brought a beautiful artistic design element to Inferno. Guard members appeared, at times, to be props themselves and evoked emotion though colors and textures magnified by great costuming.

• Like 2

Over the past couple of years I'd have to go with Bluecoats in 2014 and Crown in 2015.

Bluecoats 2014- coming off the "no uniform costume" of "To Look For America", the orange uni's in '14 were a terrific color splash for the Tilt show. The orange truly popped and brought another dimension to this storied show.

Crown 2015 - In addition to featuring the best guard of the year (official award notwithstanding), Crown's guard uniforms brought a beautiful artistic design element to Inferno. Guard members appeared, at times, to be props themselves and evoked emotion though colors and textures magnified by great costuming.

I can get on board for all of those choices, but like you, my fandom might be bleeding through.

Was just about to say both of those. :music:

In terms of recent stuff, same ones for the same reasons. The overall scheme for Tilt is one of my favorites, love the little accents of orange outside the obvious ones as well (accents on the props, rings on the ends of the tubas, ect).

Thought Crown in 2015 was just fantastic in every single aspect, at least with my very limited knowledge of designing the guard portion of a show. Those electric green flags coming out of nowhere in the opening and then the simplistic but incredibly appropriate gold lame-ish (I think that's what that shimmery looking material is) fabric for the end was just great.

I'll throw in a vote for the Blue Knights in recent years, really since 2010 actually. Some of their costuming is a little bit :shutup: up close sometimes but when you get up top where it matters, combined with their FANTASTIC use of color year in year out in their silk designs and use of the entire spectrum, they just fill the field with beautiful color and motion. Personal favorite has to go to 2013s use of every single color out there. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they invent a new color next year since they've exhausted every other option. :tounge2: Their use of color is just to die for.

Edited by DrumManTx