2016 Uniform Thread

That could be. For as forward-thinking as Cadets have been over the decades it seems amazing that their uniforms have stayed as traditional as they are. I love the history of that uniform, and respect its longevity & place in the history of the corps and activity. But it seems like it's only a matter of time before it's replaced with something a lot more modern

I like the maroon, cream and gold as it highlights their great marching but I can see and understand the need to "freshen up" the uniform abit.

Did Someone Say New Uniforms?!Blues-Clues-Baby-Costume-Clown-Kids-Ente

Edited by boxingfred
  • Like 1

Did Someone Say New Uniforms?!Blues-Clues-Baby-Costume-Clown-Kids-Ente

Not a fan of the boots, but can dig the color Blue. ' Has a fresh, clean look.

Edited by BRASSO

Has there been anything published on Cadets or is this just a hunch?

Mike

I think Hop mentioned it being a work in progress in the last update video but I can't imagine it having any drastic changes. Edited by ksampsondavis
  • Like 1

That could be. For as forward-thinking as Cadets have been over the decades it seems amazing that their uniforms have stayed as traditional as they are. I love the history of that uniform, and respect its longevity & place in the history of the corps and activity. But it seems like it's only a matter of time before it's replaced with something a lot more modern

God, I hope not.

• Like 2

I think no matter what the changes small or big it will meet with controversy ,It's Cadets. With that said with this years theme I see something to enhance this. The current uniform with maybe a draping to give that toga - ish look pulling the theme through the entire corps.

We may see versions of this type of thing moving forward.

• 4 weeks later...

SEVZGJBGHSRZCJS.20150520165800.jpgCrossmen

The Crossmen request your assistance as the organization participates in “The Big Give S.A.” on Tuesday, May 3. The 24-hour fundraising campaign will aid more than 1,000 San Antonio nonprofit organizations. All donors to the Crossmen will get a sneak peek at the corps’ new 2016 uniform.

That could be. For as forward-thinking as Cadets have been over the decades it seems like it's only a matter of time before it's replaced with something a lot more modern

I would tend to agree. The colors have changed, and my guess the next step will be for the 80 year Cadet Style costuming to soon give way to something " a lot more modern"... perhaps as early as 2017 or 2018. Everybody naturally will have their opinions on this, but thats all they are.. " opinions ", and there are no right ones, nor wrong ones when it comes to opinions, of course.

I would tend to agree. The colors have changed, and my guess the next step will be for the 80 year Cadet Style costuming to soon give way to something " a lot more modern"... perhaps as early as 2017 or 2018. Everybody naturally will have their opinions on this, but thats all they are.. " opinions ", and there are no right ones, nor wrong ones when it comes to opinions, of course.

I dont want to see the best uniform in the drum & bugle corps activity change one bit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...