2016 Uniform Thread

You guys are 24 hours behind that joke.

I wasn't making a joke. Just glad i don't need new contacts.

Perhaps the cymbal line will put up a giant U during the show. (now THAT's the joke) womp womp

Boston Crusaders just revealed their 2016 uniforms:

13418513_1109608362416439_18910828172526

Looks pretty sharp to me.

• Like 1

Loving the white and silver accents everywhere

I think I hate the gauntlets, but I won't be able to tell until the corps is in uniform proper and/or on the field.

A red or (preferably in this case) black plume would go a long way to completing the uniform from top to bottom, but I understand the need to accent the top of the uniform.

Pretty good uniform overall. Nice traditional flavor mixed in with the modern era.

These are still my favorite, though.

boston2005jolesch01.jpg

I haven't seen anyone bring up the Cadets' new uniforms. If you haven't seen them...

RwSLWuo.pngchymfsjukaayaiw.jpg?w=960

As with most uniforms nowadays, the corps is going to be doing a show theme-related uniform from now on (I'm guessing this. It'd be a bit weird for the Cadets to go back to Maroon and Gold after this).

But they're keeping the black uniforms now. The plume now has black and white feathers (an Oreo plume), there is a sort of woods-themed background for the sash/baldric, and the traditional cumberbund tail-thing is being replaced with another woods/show-theme design.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the uniforms. When I heard the Cadets might depart from their usual uniforms, I was super excited. I wanted them to look like the one on the right:

dci_xl_throwbacks_3_2_by_becorps-d4g32tb

But they decided to go with these new ones. I guess the days of a corps keeping a uniform for more than1-2 years are over.

The white sash much better. T

hey were tooooo dark.

I haven't seen anyone bring up the Cadets' new uniforms. If you haven't seen them...

UGLY.

Sorry . Those maroon Cadet uniforms are PERFECT.

These are very BANDO.

As with most uniforms nowadays, the corps is going to be doing a show theme-related uniform from now on (I'm guessing this. It'd be a bit weird for the Cadets to go back to Maroon and Gold after this).

But they're keeping the black uniforms now. The plume now has black and white feathers (an Oreo plume), there is a sort of woods-themed background for the sash/baldric, and the traditional cumberbund tail-thing is being replaced with another woods/show-theme design.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the uniforms. When I heard the Cadets might depart from their usual uniforms, I was super excited. I wanted them to look like the one on the right:

dci_xl_throwbacks_3_2_by_becorps-d4g32tb

But they decided to go with these new ones. I guess the days of a corps keeping a uniform for more than1-2 years are over.

It's not a "woods" design on the sash. It is the appearance of stone/cracked marble. It mirrors the design of the guard uniforms. I will forever love the traditional maroon and gold uniform, however that uniform does nothing to enhance this year's show theme. The black uniforms allow the light-colored guard to make a bigger statement and impact.

You don't have to like it, but this is the direction of the activity. It is a more theatrical approach where every detail, including corps uniforms, plays a role in show design to further enhance a theme/concept

• Like 2