2016 Uniform Thread

The white uniforms are just a gussied up version of their 2015 uniforms that they needed for early parades (they don't/didn't have a full set of the new unis in). It is my understanding that Phantom will be "Back in Black" this year, and the black & red uniforms the front ensemble are wearing in this picture will be their 2016 uniforms.

I've been wishing for them to go back to black! Sounds like I won't be disappointed this year!

The white uniforms are just a gussied up version of their 2015 uniforms that they needed for early parades (they don't/didn't have a full set of the new unis in). It is my understanding that Phantom will be "Back in Black" this year, and the black & red uniforms the front ensemble are wearing in this picture will be their 2016 uniforms.

Their uniform is similar to the pit, but not the same. White helmet, white feathers with a touch of red.

Haven't seen them myself yet, but I believe that's word on the street.

Black plumes on Cavaliers?

I'm 99% sure the close up of the guy in the black hat with black plume is the drum major. The DM for The Cavaliers has as far back as I remember always had a black velvet hat. I can't imagine the corps proper not wearing white hats. The white hats, contrasted with the green tops and black pants makes the drill pop (when clean obvs). Regardless what they wear I'm excited to see what kind of show they've put together. Early word has been very positive.

Edited by tommynev

Gulp...

Troopers (and I am a long time fan of them)

I just do not like this at all.

Edited by 2B or not 2B
  • Like 2

I actually like when DCI corps drop the bulky uniforms and go for the streamlined WGI Jammies. BD in 2012 managed to illustrate that during their show; in the second half they managed to look slower thanks to the coats. The only problem I see is that the old (current) styles of headwear doesn't really fit - Oregon Crusaders had that issue, and it may show up with Phantom as well - the helmets are going to look oversized.

Not sure what the answer is, but it may have to be addressed at some point as DCI becomes less Mobile Fortress in uniform design and more Sports Apparel.

Mike

• Like 2

I'm 99% sure the close up of the guy in the black hat with black plume is the drum major. The DM for The Cavaliers has as far back as I remember always had a black velvet hat. I can't imagine the corps proper not wearing white hats. The white hats, contrasted with the green tops and black pants makes the drill pop (when clean obvs). Regardless what they wear I'm excited to see what kind of show they've put together. Early word has been very positive.

I agree. The cavies have been the most effective corps in incorporating their uniforms into the overall visual effect.

I actually like when DCI corps drop the bulky uniforms and go for the streamlined WGI Jammies. BD in 2012 managed to illustrate that during their show; in the second half they managed to look slower thanks to the coats. The only problem I see is that the old (current) styles of headwear doesn't really fit - Oregon Crusaders had that issue, and it may show up with Phantom as well - the helmets are going to look oversized.

Not sure what the answer is, but it may have to be addressed at some point as DCI becomes less Mobile Fortress in uniform design and more Sports Apparel.

Mike

I agree 100%. I hope someone finally takes the risk and breaks the uniform mold this year. Maybe that will be Phantom?

I agree 100%. I hope someone finally takes the risk and breaks the uniform mold this year. Maybe that will be Phantom?

Crown has already broken the uniform mold

• Like 1